10 Kickstarter Projects You’ve Gotta Check Out, April 2014
Kickstarter‘s been on fire the last few weeks! Or maybe it’s that spring just inspires folks to get out of hibernation and share their innovations and ideas with the world. Whatever it is, we’re into it. And here are 10 of the latest and greatest Kickstarter has to offer.
1. Maker’s Alphabet: We are swooning like whaaat over this Maker’s Alphabet. It’s an alphabet book made for makers, with things like “A is for Arduino,” “O is for Origami” and the like.
2. Zulu Zion Socks: Leave those Christmas socks for the holidays and rock these Zulu Zion socks instead. They’ll make your feet totally happy. A pledge of $15’ll get you first on the list to “sock” up!
4. ChargeOriginal Cables: These braided USB cords look good, and are designed to last way longer than that plastic-covered cord your phone came with.
5. Fotobit Modular Photo Framing System: When’s the last time you actually printed a photo? You need to get on it! And then you need to cut them into squares and frame them using this hip new framing system. You simply cut, frame, and click them into place.
: Got $10 and glasses that slide down your nose every 20 minutes? Then you probably need some nerd wax, bro.
8. Cella Nature Pods: These beautiful pods are made of flexible, lightweight plastic designed to house mosses and small plants. Each pod creates a microclimate that allows plants to thrive indoors or out, and can be attached to walls or stand alone. Love the idea of creating an installation with a whole bunch of these dotting a wall.
9. The Surfari Towel: It’s a towel that looks like a zebra skin rug, and it’s coming to a park filled with hipsters very, very soon ;)
10. Genesis of Cookies Poster: And finally, a poster that illustrates the origin of the world’s most popular cookies.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)