13 Smart Kitchen Organizing Ideas
What’s the first step to making meal time easier? Starting with an organized kitchen! If you know where all your utensils, pots and pans, and ingredients are it will make getting dinner on the table that much faster. We’ve rounded up 13 products and ideas that will help you get your kitchen in tip top shape. Your next culinary masterpiece is waiting.
2. Roll-Out Cabinet Drawers ($45-59): Don’t leave things lurking in the back of your cupboard. Installing rolling drawers to your cabinets puts everything within reach.
3. Hang Hooks on Cabinet Doors: Make use of previously wasted space in your cabinets by adding hooks to the inside of the doors. We especially like the chalkboard version with common measurement conversions written out.(via Coordinately Yours and Mandi Tremayne)
4. Vinea Undershelf Basket ($19): This hanging basket doubles your storage space in your cabinets. It’s a great way to corral small things like tea bags, spices, or your chocolate stash.
5. Obar Kitchen Multi Storage ($72): Ditch the cardboard boxes (they’re terrible at tearing plastic wrap and foil anyway) in favor of this organizer that keeps your paper towels and two rolls of wrap at the ready.
6. Matching Jars: The fastest way to make your kitchen look organized is to decant all those packaged goods into matching jars. We especially love these open storage versions. Who knew pasta, baking supplies, and grains could look so good? (via Design*Sponge and Light Locations)
7. Magnetic Spice Jars: If you are forever grabbing spices from your cabinet, consider keeping them closer at hand. Don’t want to take over your freezer door? Consider putting the magnetic holders on a couple of rows of magnetic knife strips instead. (via Instructables)
8. Fridge Bins: You know the basic strategy of organizing like things in boxes and bins, why not apply that to your fridge, too? Keep yogurts, snacks, and other small items in one place to prevent them from getting lost at the back of the fridge forever. (via I Heart Organizing)
9. Double Stainless Steel Turntable ($25): Another gadget that makes everything in your cupboard easy to reach, this turn table is perfectly sized for storing spices. No more removing everything just to find the one you need at the back.
10. Click N Cook ($25): Not only will this set save you drawer space, it also keeps all the essential utensils in easy reach. We’re all about streamlining, and this is the only set you really need.
11. Shoe Organizer: If you have a pantry with a full door, use a shoe organizer to keep snacks and frequently sought out baking ingredients with in close reach. If you have kids, make sure you stock the snacks they are allowed to eat at eye level, and treats up higher, out of reach. (via BHG)
12. Hanging Pots: If you have abundant wall space, but are short on cabinets, try hanging your cookware and utensils on mounted bars. The chalkboard painted wall is an especially nice touch. (via Design*Sponge)
13. Expandable Utensil Organizer ($15): Not all drawer organizers are created equal, and this one from OXO puts the rest to shame. It expands to fit the drawer space you have available, and has room for all those various sizes of spoons and forks. Genius!
What’s your best kitchen organizing trick or product? Tell us in the comments!