15 Must-Try Korean Beauty Finds You Can Buy Right Now
Like the rest of the on-the-pulse beauty set, we have for months now wanted to fill our dops with Korean beauty products. With a worldwide reputation for being ahead of the curve and sold in colorful, kooky and at times unbelievably adorable packaging, we were pretty sure that Korean skincare + makeup would do wonders to our tired AM and PM routines. So we were beyond pumped when news broke that some of its most sought-after beauty brands are now easily available stateside (no e-digging required!) and ready to be dropped into our digital tote bags asap via Urban Outfitters.
The ultra-hip retailer has curated an awesome online selection of 248 ready-to-shop products from seven cult-brands that includes products that sound as familiar as avocado cleansing cream to quirky finds like bright jelly lipsticks. According to Refinery29, Urban is also looking to expand its in-store beauty selection, starting with a brand-new beauty bar in the Herald Square mega-shop in NYC. But if you’re way too excited to stand in line — or wait for the expansion to hit a mall near you — scoop up these 15 must-try Korean beauty products to begin your obsession right now.
1. Mizon King to the Kong No.1 Moist King’s Berry Mask Sheet ($4): This cloth-like mask can help improve your complexion, leaving your skin with an unrivaled glow, even when pitted against this rosy-cheeked gorilla.
2. TONYMOLY 7 Fruit Princess Lip Gloss ($12): This fruit-flavored, high-shine gloss will leave your lips smooth, not sticky, giving us a reason to #want besides the adorable packaging.
3. Holika Holika Egg Soap Special Set ($14): Believe it: This egg carton is actually the packaging for your new favorite kind of face soap. Made in four distinct formulas to accommodate different skin types, choose between green tea soap + egg soap that’s easy on sensitive skin, a moisturizing red clay variety or a black charcoal soap that reduces blemishes.
4. TONYMOLY Hello Bunny Perfume Bar ($18): Tote around the refreshing scents of bergamot, ginger + grapefruit in this super-cute perfume bar that’s perfect for touch-ups on-the-go.
5. Mizon Seaweed Jelly Scrub ($18): Get the nourishing benefits of nutrient-rich seaweed in this cult-favorite body scrub.
6. Clio Art Blusher ($35): The dreamy marbling might draw you in (guilty!), but the lightweight + long-lasting formula will keep you re-applying this shimmery blush all summer long.
7. Holika Holika Heartful Silky Lipstick ($12): Pretty that pucker with this heart-shaped lipstick that has a satin-sheen and rich finish. PS: Each stick is fruit scented and comes in a frosted lilac + lace-pattern tube.
8. TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream Good Bye Dark Eye Corrector ($12): Dark circles are donezo the second this cream meets your skin. Its near instant effects leave you looking fresh-faced without the need to cake on makeup.
9. TONYMOLY Egg Pore Blackhead Out Oil Gel ($16): The formula is easy: Egg in, blackheads out. It’s a foolproof way to get brighter, cleaner skin.
10. Holika Holika Magic Pole Waterproof Mascara ($18): This waterproof mascara is as tough as they come, holding up through both rainy commutes and rom-com marathons. Try a new look with this purple hue!
11. TONOYMOLY Kiss Kiss Lip Essence Balm ($8): You’ll never lose your lipgloss when it comes packaged in a container that’s as fun as this! Inside is a seriously hydrating lip balm that’s perfect for everyday wear.
12. TONYMOLY Luminous Live Aura CC Cream SPF30 ($25): Get the glow you’ve been dreaming about with this multi-tasking CC cream that brightens, protects and evens out your skin tone.
13. Mizon Returning Starfish Eye Cream ($32): Besides the swoon-worthy pastel packaging, this vitamin-packed formula is specially designed to both moisturize + tighten the skin around your eyes. Start including it in your AM beauty ritual asap.
14. Holika Holika Penguin’s Dream Hand Cream ($8): Don’t be fooled by the looks of this too-cute penguin, the hand cream it’s storing inside is nothing less than luxe. It’s a special treat for your hands and cuticles.
15. TONYMOLU Backstage Gel Eyeliner ($14): This gel eyeliner might be the best KBF (Korean Beauty Find) out there. It’s got rave reviews (5 stars!!) from a handful of UO-users who call it “the best gel ever in this price” and “the only [liquid liner] I’ve made any progress with.” Newbies and pros, have at it!
Which of these Korean beauty finds are you dying to try? Tell us which you’re planning to pick up in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.