15 Must-Try Korean Beauty Finds You Can Buy Right Now
Like the rest of the on-the-pulse beauty set, we have for months now wanted to fill our dops with Korean beauty products. With a worldwide reputation for being ahead of the curve and sold in colorful, kooky and at times unbelievably adorable packaging, we were pretty sure that Korean skincare + makeup would do wonders to our tired AM and PM routines. So we were beyond pumped when news broke that some of its most sought-after beauty brands are now easily available stateside (no e-digging required!) and ready to be dropped into our digital tote bags asap via Urban Outfitters.
The ultra-hip retailer has curated an awesome online selection of 248 ready-to-shop products from seven cult-brands that includes products that sound as familiar as avocado cleansing cream to quirky finds like bright jelly lipsticks. According to Refinery29, Urban is also looking to expand its in-store beauty selection, starting with a brand-new beauty bar in the Herald Square mega-shop in NYC. But if you’re way too excited to stand in line — or wait for the expansion to hit a mall near you — scoop up these 15 must-try Korean beauty products to begin your obsession right now.
1. Mizon King to the Kong No.1 Moist King’s Berry Mask Sheet ($4): This cloth-like mask can help improve your complexion, leaving your skin with an unrivaled glow, even when pitted against this rosy-cheeked gorilla.
2. TONYMOLY 7 Fruit Princess Lip Gloss ($12): This fruit-flavored, high-shine gloss will leave your lips smooth, not sticky, giving us a reason to #want besides the adorable packaging.
3. Holika Holika Egg Soap Special Set ($14): Believe it: This egg carton is actually the packaging for your new favorite kind of face soap. Made in four distinct formulas to accommodate different skin types, choose between green tea soap + egg soap that’s easy on sensitive skin, a moisturizing red clay variety or a black charcoal soap that reduces blemishes.
4. TONYMOLY Hello Bunny Perfume Bar ($18): Tote around the refreshing scents of bergamot, ginger + grapefruit in this super-cute perfume bar that’s perfect for touch-ups on-the-go.
5. Mizon Seaweed Jelly Scrub ($18): Get the nourishing benefits of nutrient-rich seaweed in this cult-favorite body scrub.
6. Clio Art Blusher ($35): The dreamy marbling might draw you in (guilty!), but the lightweight + long-lasting formula will keep you re-applying this shimmery blush all summer long.
7. Holika Holika Heartful Silky Lipstick ($12): Pretty that pucker with this heart-shaped lipstick that has a satin-sheen and rich finish. PS: Each stick is fruit scented and comes in a frosted lilac + lace-pattern tube.
8. TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream Good Bye Dark Eye Corrector ($12): Dark circles are donezo the second this cream meets your skin. Its near instant effects leave you looking fresh-faced without the need to cake on makeup.
9. TONYMOLY Egg Pore Blackhead Out Oil Gel ($16): The formula is easy: Egg in, blackheads out. It’s a foolproof way to get brighter, cleaner skin.
10. Holika Holika Magic Pole Waterproof Mascara ($18): This waterproof mascara is as tough as they come, holding up through both rainy commutes and rom-com marathons. Try a new look with this purple hue!
11. TONOYMOLY Kiss Kiss Lip Essence Balm ($8): You’ll never lose your lipgloss when it comes packaged in a container that’s as fun as this! Inside is a seriously hydrating lip balm that’s perfect for everyday wear.
12. TONYMOLY Luminous Live Aura CC Cream SPF30 ($25): Get the glow you’ve been dreaming about with this multi-tasking CC cream that brightens, protects and evens out your skin tone.
13. Mizon Returning Starfish Eye Cream ($32): Besides the swoon-worthy pastel packaging, this vitamin-packed formula is specially designed to both moisturize + tighten the skin around your eyes. Start including it in your AM beauty ritual asap.
14. Holika Holika Penguin’s Dream Hand Cream ($8): Don’t be fooled by the looks of this too-cute penguin, the hand cream it’s storing inside is nothing less than luxe. It’s a special treat for your hands and cuticles.
15. TONYMOLU Backstage Gel Eyeliner ($14): This gel eyeliner might be the best KBF (Korean Beauty Find) out there. It’s got rave reviews (5 stars!!) from a handful of UO-users who call it “the best gel ever in this price” and “the only [liquid liner] I’ve made any progress with.” Newbies and pros, have at it!
Which of these Korean beauty finds are you dying to try? Tell us which you’re planning to pick up in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.