10 Houseplants That Actually Clean the Air You Breathe
Probably just about every interior designer will preach it to you: If you want your home to have a friendly, outdoorsy, calm, elegant and homey feel, simply add a plant. Need to fill an empty corner? Add a plant. Got a bare spot on your bookshelf? Add a plant. And we're pretty sure this “Put a plant on it" mantra works for just about everything. But how do you choose which greenery is right for you? When it comes to buying your plants, consider how it will help your home, not just in looks but in quality. Believe it or not, certain plants are superstars at cleaning the air around them. Take a look at these 10 plants that will make your home look and breathe great.
2. Chinese Evergreen: Not only does this pretty plant come in several color variations, but it also has a knack for fighting formaldehyde or cancer-causing benzene in your air. Chinese Evergreen FTW! (via Design Sponge)
4. Pathos: If you're looking for a unique plant that improves your air quality, you've found it. Pothos is a viney plant that you'll want to hang in just about every room in the house. (via Design Sponge)
9. Boston Fern: These droopy plants may need a bit more care than the rest, but they give back the love by removing formaldehyde from the room and adding humidity to your home. (via Apartment Therapy)
Green Thumbs and Flower Power
Know of any toxin-removing plants that we missed? Tweet us @BritandCo!
This post has been updated.
- 23 Instagrams That Prove Snake Plants Are the New Fiddle Leaf Fig ... ›
- Pick These Artificial Plants for Fauxliage That Doesn't Look So Faux ... ›
- Best Gardening Tips, Plant Care for Indoor and Outdoor Spaces ... ›
- 7 Stylish Tips to Elevate Your Indoor Plant Game This Spring - Brit + ... ›
- 14 Trendy Indoor Plants That Are Pet-Safe *and* Stylish - Brit + Co ›
- 5 Houseplants Every Beauty Lover Needs - Brit + Co ›
- How to Move Your Plants Outside Without Killing Them (and Other ... ›
- 20 Weird House Plants You Didn't Know You Needed - Brit + Co ›