Let’s Celebrate! 16 Low-Carb Cakes to Bake Now
One of our favorite parts of a celebration is the birthday/wedding/breakfast-the-next-morning cake. Now, just because you or a loved one are watching the carbs for whatever reason or resolution, you won’t have to miss out. With everything from alternative flours to nuts and oats, these low-carb cakes will make both your healthy conscience and your healthy belly uber happy. Each one of these fluffy 16 cakes is absolutely party ready — so let’s get baking!
1. Pear Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Sauce (Gluten-Free): A mix of ground nuts and oats makes a naturally gluten-free crust well deserving of the creamy, pear-scented cheese filling within. (via End of Pain)
4. Chocolate Cake With Blackberry Coulis: Free of refined sugar and flour, this rich chocolate cake gets its sweetness from coconut sugar, blackberries and a red wine reduction. Can you say, “yum”? (via Glamorous Bite)
5. Bacon Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream Cake (Gluten-Free): Have mercy. Bacon, cake and ice cream combine to make a creation worthy of a celebration all its own. (via I Breathe… I’m Hungry…)
7. Flourless Chocolate-Citrus Almond Cake: Even though an entire half pound of almond meal is used for this cake, it’s anything but heavy. Fluffy egg whites folded into the batter keep things tender and light. (via The Woks of Life)
8. Orange Poke Cake (Paleo): Poking holes in this baked cake directs the orange glaze poured over top into every nook and cranny. Enjoy slices for breakfast, dessert or as an afternoon snack along with a cuppa tea. (via Beauty and the Foodie)
10. Chocolate Cake With Orange, Apricots and Physalis: If you can’t find the yellow-orange gooseberries (physalis), simply slice a few strawberries over top instead. As you can imagine, their flavor works just as well with the ganache-covered, dark chocolate loaf. (via End of Pain)
12. Cinnamon Bundt Cake: This warmly spiced bundt cake holds so many possibilities. While delicious on its own, we imagine a slick of cream cheese frosting would do it good — think of it as a giant, health-ified cinnamon bun. (via Low-Carb, So Simple!)
15. Coconut Layer Cake: This cake is perfect for fans of those three-layer cakes you find in the freezer section. After one bite, they definitely won’t want to go back to the store-bought stuff. (via Coconut Oil Cooking)
16. Moist Carrot Cake: You’ll never guess that each slice of this moist cake is densely packed with carrots. Their naturally sweet flavor makes this healthy cake a real treat. PS: How cute are those lil’ carrots on top? (via Diet Taste)
What are some of your favorite low-carb desserts to celebrate with? Share yours with us in the comments.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.