Let’s Celebrate! 16 Low-Carb Cakes to Bake Now
One of our favorite parts of a celebration is the birthday/wedding/breakfast-the-next-morning cake. Now, just because you or a loved one are watching the carbs for whatever reason or resolution, you won’t have to miss out. With everything from alternative flours to nuts and oats, these low-carb cakes will make both your healthy conscience and your healthy belly uber happy. Each one of these fluffy 16 cakes is absolutely party ready — so let’s get baking!
1. Pear Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Sauce (Gluten-Free): A mix of ground nuts and oats makes a naturally gluten-free crust well deserving of the creamy, pear-scented cheese filling within. (via End of Pain)
4. Chocolate Cake With Blackberry Coulis: Free of refined sugar and flour, this rich chocolate cake gets its sweetness from coconut sugar, blackberries and a red wine reduction. Can you say, “yum”? (via Glamorous Bite)
5. Bacon Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream Cake (Gluten-Free): Have mercy. Bacon, cake and ice cream combine to make a creation worthy of a celebration all its own. (via I Breathe… I’m Hungry…)
7. Flourless Chocolate-Citrus Almond Cake: Even though an entire half pound of almond meal is used for this cake, it’s anything but heavy. Fluffy egg whites folded into the batter keep things tender and light. (via The Woks of Life)
8. Orange Poke Cake (Paleo): Poking holes in this baked cake directs the orange glaze poured over top into every nook and cranny. Enjoy slices for breakfast, dessert or as an afternoon snack along with a cuppa tea. (via Beauty and the Foodie)
10. Chocolate Cake With Orange, Apricots and Physalis: If you can’t find the yellow-orange gooseberries (physalis), simply slice a few strawberries over top instead. As you can imagine, their flavor works just as well with the ganache-covered, dark chocolate loaf. (via End of Pain)
12. Cinnamon Bundt Cake: This warmly spiced bundt cake holds so many possibilities. While delicious on its own, we imagine a slick of cream cheese frosting would do it good — think of it as a giant, health-ified cinnamon bun. (via Low-Carb, So Simple!)
15. Coconut Layer Cake: This cake is perfect for fans of those three-layer cakes you find in the freezer section. After one bite, they definitely won’t want to go back to the store-bought stuff. (via Coconut Oil Cooking)
16. Moist Carrot Cake: You’ll never guess that each slice of this moist cake is densely packed with carrots. Their naturally sweet flavor makes this healthy cake a real treat. PS: How cute are those lil’ carrots on top? (via Diet Taste)
What are some of your favorite low-carb desserts to celebrate with? Share yours with us in the comments.