Oh My Ganache: 16 Tempting Chocolate Recipes
Ganache is one of those things that’s practically everywhere we look pastry-wise, but it tends to go unnoticed until we dig into our slices of cake and other confections and taste its rich flavor. Perhaps it’s the fact that it comes together so quickly — a simple-yet-indulgent combo of cream and chocolate melted together — that makes it easy to ignore. One thing’s for sure: If it never crossed our lips again, it would be missed. Check out this sweet collection of 16 recipes that each have a gorgeous ganache element. Go on and get your chocolate fix.
1. Pistachio Cream Cake With Chocolate Ganache: We love that the creamy mascarpone filling and nutty cake layers aren’t hidden under a(n unnecessary) layer of frosting. Instead, you get a sneak peek of the deliciousness that awaits you underneath a drool-worthy dark chocolate ganache just barely dripping down its sides. (via My Name Is Yeh)
2. Chocolate Truffles: Who knew that making DIY truffles was so easy? Simply scoop balls of cooled ganache — a thicker-than-usual version — and roll ’em in any number of coatings to get yourself ready for some sweet gift giving. (via The Faux Martha)
4. Caramel Dark Chocolate Brownies: These are not your ordinary brownies. Once baked, a generous layer of caramel followed by ganache is poured over top to create a terrific triple-layer treat. (via Baking My Way Through Germany)
5. Tiered “Éclair” Paris Brest Gateau: Stacks of crisp choux pastry rings are piped with a fluffy caramel mousse and drizzled with ganache to create this impressive, giant eclair ring. A sprinkle of hazelnut praline finishes things off nicely. (via Butter and Brioche)
6. Churros With Caramelized White Chocolate Ganache: Pop chopped white chocolate in the oven, keep a close eye on it and, in a few minutes, you’ll have a lovely caramelized confection to play with. It’s used here to create an extra-thick ganache to dip delish homemade churros in, but its uses are practically endless. (via A Space for Pudding)
7. Chocolate Ganache Macaroon Pie (Low-Carb): Creamy chocolate ganache is poured into a chewy coconut macaroon crust to create a rich pie with a lovely contrast of textures. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
8. Nigella’s Olive Oil Cake: Olive oil and chocolate work oh-so-well together to create this outstanding cake that just so happens to be be both gluten- and dairy-free. A touch of almond meal keeps this indulgent cake from being overly heavy, like so many flourless chocolate cakes tend to be. (via Baking Magique)
9. S’more Nut Bars: Pour a mix of peanuts and mini ‘mallows, folded into milk and dark-chocolate ganache, over a graham cracker crust to create these fab bar cookies. They just need a few hours to chill before they work their magic and transport you to your last adventure in front of the campfire. (via Lakyn and Judah)
11. Coconut Macaroon Chocolate Cupcakes With Nutella Ganache: A spoonful of Nutella adds a lovely hazelnut flavor to the ganache poured over these chocolate cupcakes. Spoiler alert: A little surprise awaits you inside each cake. (via Butter Lust)
13. Frosted Coconut Milk Fudge Cake: Do not mistake this fudgy cake for a brownie, for it is not. A thick ripple of coconut cream ganache is spread over the top, creating an irresistible dessert that has a reputation for disappearing all too quickly. (via Scientifically Sweet)
14. Shortbread With Dark Chocolate Ganache, Pistachios + Red Gold Sea Salt: Here, homemade shortbread get treated to a dip in ganache and sprinkle of chartreuse nuts. We imagine these additions would also work wonders on store-bought cookies if you’re short on time, transforming them in a matter of seconds into more elegant eats. (via Set the Table)
16. Chocolate Cupcakes With Whipped Ganache Frosting: Cooled ganache is whipped into a fluffy frosting in the blink of an eye, creating arguably one of the easiest homemade frostings out there. (via Martha Stewart)
How do you enjoy incorporating a bit of ganache into your sweets? Let’s talk chocolate in the comments.