12 Macrame Projects to DIY This Summer
Good news, crafty ladies! Macrame is back and in a big, big way. Macrame, the art of knotting cords and rope together, was a huge hit back in the ’70s with DIY-ers. Now, modern macrame is sleek, chic and way cooler than its hippie counterpart. We’ve gathered 12 projects for you to try your hand at, and we know that you’ll love getting knotty with some rope and cords when you tackle these tutorials.
1. Macrame Wall Hanging: Create a wall hanging in any color of your choice to add an interesting touch of texture to your decor. (via Brit + Co)
2. Mirror Wall Hanging: Bring some minimalist flair to your walls. It’s the perfect DIY — simple, inexpensive, and fabulous. (via Made In A Day)
4. Vertical Garden: Turn a clothing rack into a clutch garden with the help of macrame hangers. We think this will be a great accessory to pull out for a BBQ — or when your backyard just needs some love. (via Brit + Co)
5. Boho Table Runner: This Anthro knock-off runner can dress your table up or down. It’s a great option for baby showers, bridal lunches, or last minute gatherings with the gals. (via Inspired By This)
7. Macrame Curtain: Unsure of whether to hang blinds or curtains? Get the best of both worlds with this macrame curtain DIY. It’s the perfect project to cover your closet, a window, or doorway. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Macrame Bracelet: We are obsessed with this gorgeous arm candy. By incorporating a charm or gem of your choice, they’re sure to be unique and personal. (via Getty)
9. Macrame Wall Hanging: Looking to switch up your wall art? Try this trendy wall hanging. It’s customizable to your space and is a fun way to add a 3D element to your decor. (via Getty)
10. Plant Hanger: Bust out your twist braid skills from your friendship bracelet days and DIY a fun plant hanger. (via Brit + Co)
11. Macrame Desk Decor: Another gorgeous decor DIY to consider. This one boasts a more modern vibe by including geometric designs and minimalist greenery. Place it on your desk for extra flair. (via Brit + Co)
12. Boho Macrame Portal: Create this funky room accent with fabric dye and blue cords. It’s the perfect accessory for dressing up a dull-looking corner. (via Brit + Co)
Have you tried macrame before? Which of these projects are you excited to tackle? Share your tips and plans with us @BritandCo.
Additional reporting by Lesley Lewis