16 Macrame Projects to DIY This Summer
Good news, crafty ladies! Macrame is back and in a big, big way. Macrame, the art of knotting cords and rope together, was a huge hit back in the ’70s with DIY-ers. Now, modern macrame is sleek, chic and way cooler than its hippie counterpart. We’ve gathered 16 projects for you to try your hand at, and we know that you’ll love getting knotty with some rope and cords when you tackle these tutorials.
2. Straight Knot Necklace: Bring the bright colors of summer into your wardrobe with this easy straight knot necklace. It’s the perfect DIY — simple, inexpensive and fabulous. (via Shirley’s Wardrobe)
4. Knotted Chevron Headband: Turn a friendship bracelet into a hot headband. We think this will be a great accessory to pull out on bad hair days or to add a pop of pattern to your outfit. (via How Did You Make This)
5. DIY Anthropologie Dip-Dyed Necklace: This Anthro knock off necklace can be dip-dyed in any combo of colors. It’s a great gift option for the other crafty ladies in your life who appreciate homemade treasures. (via Encourage Fashion)
9. Macrame Curtain: Unsure of whether to hang blinds or curtains? Get the best of both worlds with this macrame curtain DIY. It’s the perfect project to cover your closet, a window or doorway. (via A Beautiful Mess)
11. Macrame Wall Hanging: Looking to switch up your wall art? Try this trendy wall hanging. It’s customizable to your space and is a fun way to add a 3D element to your decor. (via A Pair and A Spare)
16. Roped Macrame Necklace: Create this funky statement necklace with a bit of chain and six different kinds of cord. It’s the perfect accessory for hitting up some festivals this summer. (via A Pair and A Spare)
Have you tried macrame before? Which of these projects are you excited to tackle? Share your tips and plans with us in the comments below or on Facebook.