Yeah, it may be Fourth of July on Saturday but it’s also opening weekend for Magic Mike XXL. When we aren’t busy over the holiday enjoying a backyard BBQ or poolside party, we’ll be cooling off (and heating things up?) inside with a screening of the three-years-in-the-making stripper sequel. Seriously, what took so long for the follow-up to the campy original to make it to the big screen?!
While we lost some amazing eye candy from the first film — TTYN Matthew McConaughey + Alex Pettyfer — the sequel more than makes up for the void with brand-new dancers this time around. What better way to honor the film, which is totally all about objectifying these guys btw, than by deep-diving into an oft-asked question: do the cast of Magic Mike look better with or without their shirts on? One person who would totally get behind this argument is Chris Pratt, who recently stated he thinks men should be objectified just as much as women (Kim K, you hear that?). Also, why is HE not in Magic Mike XXL?!
So thanks for the permission, Chris. Join us as we take your lead and conduct some in-depth research on whether or not Channing + crew should suit up or keep their tops popped. It’s investigative journalism at its finest, literally ;)
1. Channing Tatum: The leader of the dance crew has abs of steel, moves for days and a face that can make anyone swoon. When looking at the above photos we find ourselves struggling to take our eyes off the left one — whoops! — but, NGL, he sure does know how to pull off a suit + tie. (Photos via Warner Brothers + Tim P. Whitby/Getty)
2. Matt Bomer: Yeah, you know the nickname IRL and in the film (look it up + Ken, respectively). Basically this guy is *perfect* and we really don’t have a preference when it comes to him. Just give us more of him, Hollywood. (Photos via Warner Brothers + Tim P. Whitby/Getty)
3. Joe Manganiello: Sofia Vergara’s fiancé is tall, dark and handsome (and jacked!). While he does fill out a two-piece suit nicely, it’s hard not to get lost in… that defined stomach… (Photos via Warner Brothers + Tim P. Whitby/Getty)
4. Donald Glover: The singer and Community star is showing he’s got even more to offer than a hilarious one liner. A lot more. Personally, we can’t not love a man in a bow tie, but then he also rocks a top hat with that open blazer. How can we ever choose?! (Photos via Warner Brothers + Larry Busacca/Getty)
5. Adam Rodriguez: Umm hi, where have you been all our life, Adam? With a suave suit look and a tight stomach, this matchup is an even tie. (Photos via Warner Brothers + Tim P. Whitby/Getty)
6. Stephen “tWitch” Boss: The former So You Think You Can Dance contestant and Ellen DeGeneres Show guest DJ landed his biggest role to date, that just so happens to also be his most revealing. We are not complaining though ;) (Photos via Warner Brothers + Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
Someone grab me a fan, it’s a little hot in here. But for real, how does one choose between an attractive dude with his shirt off versus with it on when he looks amazing both ways?! We call it a tie for all of the Magic Mike guys, maybe until we see them in action on the big screen this weekend.
Who is your fave Magic Mike XXL cast member and what attire do you prefer them in? Share those thoughts with us in the comments.
(Photo Michel Porro/Getty)