Feast Like a Mermaid With This Veg Bowl
Welcome to Single Serving, our new video series showcasing colorful, easily re-creatable, and highly Instagrammable recipes for one like sweet potato egg boats, hummus bowl, and a molten chocolate ramekin cookie. On this episode, we’re serving up a mermaid-approved feast: a veggie sushi bowl. Like a poke bowl, it’s easily customizable with whatever chopped veggies you want or stick to our suggestions.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, still warm
- 1/4 heaping cup seasoned tofu, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mango and/or papaya, chopped
- 1 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon purple cabbage, grated or sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
- 1/3 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sprouts
- 1 tablespoon cucumber, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon watermelon radish, sliced thin
- furikake or seaweed gomasio, to garnish
1. Whisk together sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and honey. Pour over warm rice and stir to combine.
2. Place rice at the bottom of a bowl or plate. Top with remaining toppings in a rainbow pattern. Garnish with furikake or seaweed gomasio.
(Recipe by Anna Monette Roberts, Brit + Co)