15 Metallic Planters to Add Some Sparkle to Your Indoor Garden
Even if you keep your black thumb game strong killing dry cactus plants, you can’t deny that there’s a serious houseplant trend going down right now. And between all of the gorg color stories, bold patterns and all-around quirky planters out there, there’s a strong chance that your decor could use a metallic DIY storage box or two. These metallic planters may not help you keep those green dudes alive, but they’ll definitely help keep your (and everyone else’s) attention.
1. Redwood Stoneworks Mini Gold Air Planter Set ($30+): These little gems will make that artificially-lit cubicle feel like home. Grab an assortment of air plants and get decorating!
2. West Elm Gold Cube Terrarium, Medium ($49: These sleek terrariums will definitely stand out in that sea of terracotta. Fill it with a colorful assortment of cacti or keep it simple with succulents.
3. TwoTreesBotanicals Gold Euoplocephalus Dinosaur Planter Air Plant ($16): This adorable planter definitely speaks to the little kid in all of us. Add a little quirky color and shape with this fierce dude. The dino obsession never ends, really.
4. Assembly Home Eos Hanging Planter ($39): Every corner of the room could use a plant (and a metallic touch). This hanging geometric beauty is lightweight and light on the wallet, so you shouldn’t feel bad about snatching up a few.
5. Leather + Brass Teardrop Hanging Planter DIY: This simple project is about to become your go-to gifting DIY for all of those summer birthdays. Plant a sweet succulent and you’re good to go — after you make one for yourself, of course. (via Brit + Co.)
6. Brass Succulent Planter DIY: The best thing about metallic is that it always makes a statement. And if you’re going for just a little spark, this easy-peasy DIY is where it’s at. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Color-blocked Geometric Vase DIY: Those precious metallics play well with just about any color. And since your plant collection should be as colorful as possible (duh), throwing a metallic pop in this DIY project really seals the deal. (via The Proper Blog)
8. Copper and Concrete Geometric Cube Planter ($19): Concrete sets a minimalist tone that fits into almost any decor scheme — when paired with a delicate plant + copper twinkle, it *really* stands out. This little guy would look right at home with a cluster of plants or just one flying solo.
9. Thrifted and Made Peach + Copper Air Plant Pod ($21+): Peach and copper are basically color BFFs — they just always look right at home together. This patterned pod is perfect for jazzing up the office, living room, you name it.
10. West Elm Geometric Metal Hanging Planter ($89): Your love for geometrics just reached new heights. This stacked statement maker is just begging to be displayed on a patio or corner of the living room. The only problem is picking just three plants to showcase!
11. Cotton:On Copper Hexe Terrarium ($50): These geometric terrariums are all the rage, and for good reason: They look great as centerpieces, on their own and even for wedding decor! Revamp the look as the seasons change, for versatile decor that just won’t quit.
12. Urban Outfitters Mod Metal Planter ($10): This metallic mod planter is easy on the eyes and the budget. Stock up on them for party decor or just disperse them throughout your space. They’ll look great wherever you put ’em.
13. Roar + Rabbit Freeform Terrariums ($49+): These terrariums really knock it out of the park — they have texture, a metallic sheen and a cool glass casing. Place them in the bedroom with some calming moss and succulents for a relaxing statement.
14. Cotton:On Moon Shaped Planter ($18): Express your love for all things lunar with this crescent-shaped beauty. Stick a small crystal inside for maximum good vibes.
15. Skinny Planter Stand DIY: Small planters are cute and all, but having a taller place to store your green goodies makes an entirely different statement. This DIY is a cinch and will save you a ton of cash. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Looking for more ways to spruce up your space for spring/summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.