15 Metallic Planters to Add Some Sparkle to Your Indoor Garden
Even if you keep your black thumb game strong killing dry cactus plants, you can’t deny that there’s a serious houseplant trend going down right now. And between all of the gorg color stories, bold patterns and all-around quirky planters out there, there’s a strong chance that your decor could use a metallic DIY storage box or two. These metallic planters may not help you keep those green dudes alive, but they’ll definitely help keep your (and everyone else’s) attention.
1. Redwood Stoneworks Mini Gold Air Planter Set ($30+): These little gems will make that artificially-lit cubicle feel like home. Grab an assortment of air plants and get decorating!
2. West Elm Gold Cube Terrarium, Medium ($49: These sleek terrariums will definitely stand out in that sea of terracotta. Fill it with a colorful assortment of cacti or keep it simple with succulents.
3. TwoTreesBotanicals Gold Euoplocephalus Dinosaur Planter Air Plant ($16): This adorable planter definitely speaks to the little kid in all of us. Add a little quirky color and shape with this fierce dude. The dino obsession never ends, really.
4. Assembly Home Eos Hanging Planter ($39): Every corner of the room could use a plant (and a metallic touch). This hanging geometric beauty is lightweight and light on the wallet, so you shouldn’t feel bad about snatching up a few.
5. Leather + Brass Teardrop Hanging Planter DIY: This simple project is about to become your go-to gifting DIY for all of those summer birthdays. Plant a sweet succulent and you’re good to go — after you make one for yourself, of course. (via Brit + Co.)
6. Brass Succulent Planter DIY: The best thing about metallic is that it always makes a statement. And if you’re going for just a little spark, this easy-peasy DIY is where it’s at. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Color-blocked Geometric Vase DIY: Those precious metallics play well with just about any color. And since your plant collection should be as colorful as possible (duh), throwing a metallic pop in this DIY project really seals the deal. (via The Proper Blog)
8. Copper and Concrete Geometric Cube Planter ($19): Concrete sets a minimalist tone that fits into almost any decor scheme — when paired with a delicate plant + copper twinkle, it *really* stands out. This little guy would look right at home with a cluster of plants or just one flying solo.
9. Thrifted and Made Peach + Copper Air Plant Pod ($21+): Peach and copper are basically color BFFs — they just always look right at home together. This patterned pod is perfect for jazzing up the office, living room, you name it.
10. West Elm Geometric Metal Hanging Planter ($89): Your love for geometrics just reached new heights. This stacked statement maker is just begging to be displayed on a patio or corner of the living room. The only problem is picking just three plants to showcase!
11. Cotton:On Copper Hexe Terrarium ($50): These geometric terrariums are all the rage, and for good reason: They look great as centerpieces, on their own and even for wedding decor! Revamp the look as the seasons change, for versatile decor that just won’t quit.
12. Urban Outfitters Mod Metal Planter ($10): This metallic mod planter is easy on the eyes and the budget. Stock up on them for party decor or just disperse them throughout your space. They’ll look great wherever you put ’em.
13. Roar + Rabbit Freeform Terrariums ($49+): These terrariums really knock it out of the park — they have texture, a metallic sheen and a cool glass casing. Place them in the bedroom with some calming moss and succulents for a relaxing statement.
14. Cotton:On Moon Shaped Planter ($18): Express your love for all things lunar with this crescent-shaped beauty. Stick a small crystal inside for maximum good vibes.
15. Skinny Planter Stand DIY: Small planters are cute and all, but having a taller place to store your green goodies makes an entirely different statement. This DIY is a cinch and will save you a ton of cash. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Looking for more ways to spruce up your space for spring/summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.