Prepare to Fall in Love With This Million-Layer Pumpkin Crepe Cake
Are you a crepe fan? Then you’ll love this ultimate breakfast meets dessert meets PSL mash-up. Introducing, the Million-Layer Pumpkin Crepe Cake. As its name would suggest, this decadent and festive cake features lots and lots of layers. Thin, buttery, pumpkin-y layers that bring to mind warm, cozy feelings, cinnamon spice and everything nice. Read on to see how you can make this masterpiece!
- 4 cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 8-ounce container mascarpone
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Combine milk, butter, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. Use a hand mixer to combine all the ingredients until well blended.
3. Slowly add the baking powder, sugar, salt and spice.
4. Mix until homogenous, then let sit for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the mascarpone filling.
5. Combine the mascarpone, pumpkin puree and brown sugar with a hand mixer. Add a sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice if you want extra pumpkin-y flavor. Refrigerate while you make the crepes.
Then, make the crepes.
6. Heat a small, nonstick pan over low heat. Add a pat of butter when the pan is heated.
7. Drop about a tablespoon of the crepe mix into the pan, swirling the pan so it’s coated with batter.
8. Cook until it’s lightly browned, then flip over to the other side. It should take less than 2 minutes per crepe. Let each crepe cool.
Assemble the crepe cake.
9. Make sure to put the first crepe layer on whatever cake stand or plate you want to serve in.
10. Spread a thin layer of the mascarpone filling on the crepe. Top with another crepe. Repeat until the cake is done!
Start off by mixing all the wet ingredients together. Then add the dry ingredients and blend. Combine the mascarpone, pumpkin puree and brown sugar together to create the filling.
Slowly add a dollop of crepe batter into a pan on low heat. Slowly swirl until it coats the pan. Heat until lightly browned and let cool. Compile the cake by spreading the filling on one layer, then top with another layer of crepe. Repeat until all done!
Hello, amazing cake!
Top off with sprinkles to add to the cheer!
Oh yeah. Check out those layers!!
Show us your crepe cakes on Instagram with #iamcreative.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.