This Is the Most Wished-For Airbnb Listing in the World
Airbnb has been there for all of your getaways, like that epic beachfront stay and relaxing vacay in nature. In celebration of their 10-year anniversary, the online hospitality site rounded up their most wish-listed spots, according to the responses of more than 860,000 wanderlusters. If you have travel plans in your future — or just need an excuse to make some — the below locations will give you ample motivation to start packing your bags. Scroll on to see them all.
1. I Sette Coni — Trullo Edera, Ostuni, Italy (wish-listed 164,444 times): When you want to stay at a place practically made for photo ops, this storybook destination will be right up your alley. Since it’s surrounded by the enchanting town of Cisternino, you’ll get a dose of quaint small-town culture outside of the walls of the stunning castle-like space you’ll be sleeping in.
2. Hector Cave House, Santorini, Greece (wish-listed 133,869 times): Is Santorini calling your name? This picturesque former wine cellar is carved into a cliff for the most epic blue and white Grecian views ever. We’re *so* in.
3. Romantic Cabana With a View, Armenia, Colombia (wish-listed 99,622 times): A trip to South America is pretty great, and so is this adorable cabana. It’s stationed on the dreamiest organic farm, which means easy access to the freshest tropical fruits and vegetables. And caffeine lovers, take note: This spot allows you to explore Colombia’s famous coffee region. Could it get any better?
4. Hideout Eco Bamboo Home, Bali, Indonesia (wish-listed 77,177 times): When Bali falls on the top of your bucket list, look no further than this eco-friendly escape. It’s so loved by guests that it requires booking six months in advance to secure a stay. Plan accordingly!
5. Luxurious Stone Villa, Crete, Greece (wish-listed 76,658 times): One scroll through the pictures of this stone-enclosed villa and you’ll practically see yourself diving into the turquoise water of Kissamos Bay (or just admiring it from the balcony above with a glass of wine).
6. Dreamy Tropical Treehouse, Fern Forest, Hawaii (wish-listed 66,336 times): Hello, Hawaiian paradise. Get an up-close-and-personal feel for the local terrain with this cozy retreat. It’s situated on the outskirts of the Big Island’s Hawaii Volcanoes National Park so you’ll be, as guests like to say, “far from danger but close to adventure.”
7. Bamboo Eco-Cottage in Rice Fields, Bali, Indonesia (wish-listed 65,644 times): Visitors will get an authentic Bali experience by staying in this open-air hut. A mosquito net is all that separates you from the outside, so you’ll truly feel at one with nature. Pro tip: Keep your eyes peeled for the fireflies after the sun goes down.
8. Off-Grid ItHouse, Yucca Valley, CA (wish-listed 63,669 times): There are those days when nothing sounds better than a road trip. When that mood strikes, this secluded glass home in the desert gives you the faraway freedom you need, all from within the continental US. And if you have a hard time disconnecting from technology while you’re on vacay, this is your place: Airbnb points out that there’s no WiFi, but there are cute bunnies to watch hopping by outside.
9. The Cozy Palace, Marrakech, Morocco (wish-listed 59,838 times): Always wanted to stay in a palace? Guests say that the photos of this restored riad (traditional Moroccan townhouse that wraps around a central courtyard) “do not do the rooms justice,” so you know it’s a real gem. The property features incredible tiling and authentic decor to give you a true taste of Morocco that’s worth crossing the pond for.
10. Waterfront With Extraordinary View, Kotor, Montenegro (wish-listed 52,964 times): Just when you thought you’d explored every nook and cranny of Europe, Montenegro popped up on your radar. At this home, you’ll be able to take in the country’s stunning coastline on a sun-drenched, water-facing balcony. So be sure to pack your hat and sunnies!
Ready for a vacay? Follow us on Pinterest for more stunning travel inspo!
(Photos via Airbnb)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.