20 Music Festival Blankets to Buy + DIY
You’ve got your fringe ready to go, you’ve already DIY-ed a boho headwrap and you’re counting down the days until music festival season begins. But hold up: Festivals can be pretty exhausting, especially when it’s hot and you’re on your feet all day. So whether you decide to buy or DIY, don’t forget to pack one of these 20 blankets for the inevitable down time between acts.
1. Woven Stripe Beach Blanket ($39): This Navajo-inspired cotton blanket is absolutely perfect for chilling out while your favorite band plays their jams. We’re also obsessed with the neon color combo.
2. The Gypset Blanket ($108): A versatile pashmina blanket from the boho goddesses at Tiny Devotions, the Gypset Blanket can double as an oversized scarf or wrap if the night gets chilly. This blanket is perfect for the earlier spring festivals.
4. Flannel Throw ($68): We dare you not to fall asleep on this extra soft cotton flannel throw from Yield Design. A little nap between sets never hurt anyone, right?
5. Kissing Rabbits Picnic Blanket ($56): With waterproof backing and handles for carrying, this picnic blanket from Anorak is the ultimate in festival convenience. And who could say no to kissing bunnies?
7. Cat Cotton Blanket ($80): Cats, cats, cats. They’re everywhere, and we love it. These reversible jacquard cats are just begging to roll around in the grass, and since this blanket is machine washable, that’s not a problem.
8. Tierra Blanket Roll ($72): We basically have everything a modern Brit girl like you could want in our shop, including a few festival essentials. Plus, handmade leather straps are a must for easily carrying your blanket from stage to stage.
9. DIY Pocketed Picnic Blanket: Adding pockets to your blanket let it do double duty. First, you can stow away your shoes and rando knick-knacks. And second, stowing goodies in the pockets keeps your blanket weighed down and impervious to annoying blustery winds. (via Mr. Kate)
10. Galaxy Picnic Blanket ($180): You might feel like you’re being swallowed up by the night sky when you lay down on this extra large, 23-square-foot blanket. And since it’s quilted in three layers, you won’t have to worry about rocks or sticks poking you in the bum.
11. Sunset Beach Blanket ($46): When it’s time to head home, there’s nothing easier than just rolling your blanket up and swinging it over your shoulder. At the end of a long day, ease of use usually wins out.
12. Striped Alpaca Throw ($98): Made of prized alpaca wool, this blanket is handmade in Ecuador using ancient techniques. You might feel like South American royalty as you lounge on this luxurious throw.
13. Bonham Alpine Blanket ($50): This cotton-polyester blend blanket is perfect for festivals, camping or picnics. Complete with carrying straps and finished edges, this blanket might find its way on all your adventures.
14. Waterproof Picnic Blanket ($135): Go classic with the red gingham top or retro with the fun polka dot bottom. And you’ll never have to worry about the weather since the bottom has waterproof backing.
15. DIY Picnic Blanket: Made of a canvas drop cloth, this DIY blanket is extra sturdy. The fun, simple pattern is easy enough to duplicate, and we are totally digging the bright colors. (via Adena Leigh)
16. DIY Spotted Picnic Blanket: With just a tablecloth, paint and foam pouncers, you could have a different colored polka-dot blanket for each festival you attend. You might as well stock up; it’s gonna be a busy summer. (via Proper)
17. Grass is Greener Picnic Blanket ($45): Sometimes you just want to lounge in the grass, but grass stains and imprints on your legs are a nuisance. Get the best of both worlds with this nifty blanket from Kate Spade. Be warned: People will probably step on your blanket pretty often.
18. Quillow ($115): One-third quilt, one-third pillow and one-third bag, the “quillow” folds into itself to form two of its three uses. When the festival wraps up, you can stash all your stuff inside your blanket. How clever.
Which festivals are you most excited about this season? Let us know in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)