Netflix Just Shared Five HUGE Facts About 13 Reasons Why Season 2
We were totally floored when we found out that Hannah Baker would be appearing in the second season of 13 Reasons Why. The series — which has sparked plenty of controversy — will continue the tragic story in the aftermath of the teen’s suicide, but other than that, not much else was known. Until now.
It seems like the folks over at Netflix are just as eager as viewers for this story to continue, which is why they revealed what *they* know about season two.
— Netflix US (@netflix) May 9, 2017
Taking to Twitter, the streaming service shared five HUGE facts.
1. We’ll see others’ perspectives on Hannah’s story. It will certainly be interesting to see how others viewed Hannah’s experiences and the tragic outcome. This sets up plenty of potential to explore motivations, interpretations, and further deep-felt effects.
2. Jessica’s story will continue as she tries to recover and return to normal life. No doubt a difficult and heartbreaking journey… we can only hope that Jessica can hold on and stay strong.
3. There will be a narrator, but it won’t be Hannah — No more tapes. The choice of this season’s narrator could wildly change how the story is portrayed, so it will be interesting to see who they choose to continue to tell this triggering tale.
4. The season will explore “the way we raise boys up into men and the way we treat girls and women in our culture — and what we could do better in both cases.” Yes. Thank you! *applause*
5. Bryce will hopefully get what’s coming to him. This isn’t so much a fact as opposed to a desire for justice, but still, we can only hope and wait to see.
It sounds like season two will be just as intense as the first season, so we’ll definitely have to prepare ourselves when we queue up Netflix next time.
What do you think should happen in 13 Reasons Why season two? Let us know @BritandCo!
(h/t Elite Daily; photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)