Found! 23 No-Bake V-Day Sweet Recipes You Just Have to Try
Psst! We’re letting you in on a little secret. Calories don’t count on Valentine’s Day. Okay, that may not be completely true (oh, if only it were!), but this is one holiday that validates temporarily neglecting calorie counting and New Year’s no-sweets promises. Why else would we trick out our own homemade no-bake Valentine’s chocolates? ;) If you’re giddy with visions of sugary sweets running through your head, it’s best to cut down the time it takes to get them from pantry to plate with these 23 simple no-bake Valentine’s Day sweet recipes.
1. DIY Ombre Sugar Hearts: It’s edible confetti. It’s sparkly candy. It’s sugared pink décor for anything and everything! We’re dreaming up all kinds of ideas for using these pretty sugared hearts on V-Day. (via Wedding Chicks)
2. Oreo Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries: This year, skip the chocolate-covered strawberry routine and try these bites. They’re a bit more fancy but oh-so-simple. Pipe an Oreo-infused cream cheese spread into your pretty red berries and start snacking. No appliances necessary! (via Living Locurto)
5. Homemade Valentine’s Day Mints: This Valentine’s Day, all you need is love… and heart-shaped mints! Skip the conversation hearts and go with bitty homemade mints. They’re the perfect after-dinner (or anytime!) treat. (via Busy Mommy)
6. 20 Minute Heart-Shaped Jello Squares: Awww. So cute! These heart-shaped gels are a great make-ahead treat. And even though they only take 20 minutes of prep time, they do require two hours or more of fridge time. (via The Hungry Housewife)
9. Valentine’s Snack Mix: For a Valentine’s Day-worthy trail mix, make sure to add plenty of pink and red M&M’s, plus sprinkles. Pink or white candy melted and drizzled on top hold all the crunchy bits together. (via Glorious Treats)
10. Valentine White Chocolate Pretzels: These sweet ‘n’ salty pretzels make darling gifts. Package the extras for friends and family (or save them for a late-night snacking sesh.) (via Love From the Oven)
11. Two-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge: You’ll like this: minimal ingredients… minimal fuss. Beyond clever. This perfectly pink strawberry fudge just might be the ultimate V-Day treat. (via Cookies and Cups)
14. No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake: This cheesecake is elegant enough to top off any fancy dinner yet simple enough to share with your sweetie on your couch, in the back of a pick-up truck, anywhere. (via Cooking Channel)
23. S’mores Mousse: Entrance your sweetie with indulgent chocolate and toasted marshmallow cream layered over a crushed graham cracker crust. One bite will bring back the romance of s’mores over a summer campfire. (via Cooking Classy)
Which of these indulgences encourages you to treat your tastebuds— uh, temporarily (of course!)? Tell us about your sweet tooth in the comments!