Nothing Beats a Nice Piece of Pi
March 14th means PI DAY! We could whip up a round of Pi Pie where every ingredient is part of a perfect math equation and we revel in punniness all day long… or we could round up the 14 silliest, geekiest, most awesome pieces of Pi schwag around. Besides, any celebrated irrational number that combines geeks and Greeks is right up our alley.
1. Hand Embroidered Pi Pendant ($16): Show your love of all things handmade and all things pi with this sweet embroidered pendant. Or grab a washer, a piece of felt, some embroidery floss and glue and try your hand at DIYing it up.
2. Pi Cologne by Givenchy Men ($35): Described as a celebration of what makes a man seductive, Pi is more than a name, it's a symbol. Naturally, the bottle itself boasts a hi-tech closure system that plays on the contrast between pure lines and perfect proportion.
4. Pi iPhone 4 Case ($40): As beautiful as one the most classic works of art, sport your love of 3.14 with this Da Vinci style iPhone case.
5. 6 Pack of Vegan Pi Soaps ($8): We're guessing your soap dish is in dire need of some mathematical accoutrements. Enter this colorful sixer of vegan pi soaps! Fragrances include key lime, chocolate cream, pumpkin, coconut cream, cherry, and apple.
6. Pi Symbol Ice Cube Tray ($13): Can you say time to make Pi Day jello shots? Or perhaps a perfectly proportioned Bulleit on the pi rocks?
8. Pi Pencil 6-Pack ($8): Remember how awesome rocking novelty pencils was back in grade school? Or even during the SATs? Bring it back with this pastel-colored set of pi pencils. And if you don't have a need for a little #2 lead, sport these as hair chopsticks and turn even the nerdiest of heads.
12. Leather Pi Hip Flask ($21): Math and alcohol. An obvious match. This smokin' flask is hand dyed, and the Pi pattern hand-engraved into the leather.
13. Pi Solid Steel Bottle Opener ($15): "Pry off the cap with the sixteenth greek letter, and imbibe."
14. I Heart Apple Pi ($9): Mac + Pi + Pie = WIN! We really do heart apple pie. ;)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)