There’s a lot of cause to celebrate today. Not only is it Galentine’s Day, but it’s also day three of New York Fashion Week. Yes, despite it being 16 degrees Fahrenheit outside with the wind chill factor bringing it down to a chilly three degrees — THREE DEGREES, YA’LL — we walked through 40 mph winds to bring you the best of NYFW today. Without further ado, here’s you Busy Girl Guide to NYFW for day three (check out days one and two if you haven’t yet!)
1. Need-It-Now Look: Supermodel Devon Windsor opened the show at Rebecca Minkoff today in a gorgeous white outfit, but it was her second look that had us sitting up in our seats. This absolutely pitch-perfect patterned blouse + high-waisted black skirt combo is the look you need for that summer to early fall transition weather. Plus, who said you can’t mix brown and black leathers? The black lace-up wedge sandals + a slouchy brown hobo really polish up this look. This snap was taken by Dev’s pal and fellow supermodel Coco Rocha who was, of course, sitting front row and cheering on her friend. (@cocorocha)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: the ’70s are back. We went backstage at Mara Hoffman’s Fall/Winter 2016 presentation at the insanely cool High Line Hotel (an 1895 Collegiate Gothic building with a 21st century makeover). The inspiration behind the look was Mara Hoffman telling TRESemmé’s lead stylist Tyler Laswell, “Imagine walking in a French parlor in the ’20s and Bianca Jagger, Cher and Jerry Hall are there.” The hair is “triangular shaped and very big” but “touchable enough to finger through it” and have it keep its shape. To do that, the team interestingly enough conditioned BEFORE shampoo in order to keep the hair super light. These tight little curls are deconstructed Marcel Waves, and are achieved by reverse wrapping strands around a teeny curling iron and gently stretching + pulling the curl apart before the hair cools. Va-va-voom. (@infubilu)
3. Next Level Beauty: Also at Mara Hoffman, lead MUA from Sephora Pro Ilde Goncalves gave us the 411 on the look. “The inspiration for the colors, we pulled from the peacock feather and that’s why we’re using shades of teal, blue, green and turquoise depending on the model’s skin tone and the dress,” he tells us. Since it’s the ’70s and all, the lashes are big. “We’re adding fake lashes and a lot of mascara and then we tweezers, we’re clumping the lashes together,” Ilde says. You’re probably thinking, CLUMPS?! Isn’t that what you don’t want? But this look is all Twiggy. (@Sephora)
4. Street Style #Slay: It’s definitely sweater (sweatshirt) weather and when it’s cold outside, sometimes you don’t want to wear anything aside from sweats. Here’s how you can do that stylishly. This Jersey coat and dress ensemble was spotted outside of this morning’s Lacoste show — even the scarf is gray! The furry + bright magenta clutch is also — dare we say it? — so clutch. Talk about a statement piece. (@camilacoehlo)
5. OMG Runway Moment: Um, hello ruffles! This bright yellow two-piece was spotted at the Christian Siriano show today. Everything about this outfit — the layers and layers of yellow, those bell sleeves and even the yellow python print show peeking out from under the skirt — is attention grabbing perfection. (@yahoostyle)
Will you be trying out any of these trends in the fall? Tweet us @BritandCo!