We dare you to come up with a better feeling than curling up on the couch with a warm bowl of something delicious. We double dare you. Nothing? That’s because eating food out of bowls is one of life’s greatest pleasures. No pressure to use plates, knives or forks, just a super easy meal best eaten with a spork in front of your favorite TV show. Don’t believe us? Well then here are 25 recipes to prove it to you. From warm salads to steaming soups, these one-bowl meals are super easy to make and fairly healthy too. The best part? When the cooking’s all done, just fill up your favorite bowl, grab the remote and get ready for a snuggly night in.
1. Amaranth Israel Salad: Amaranth, a seed similar to quinoa when it comes to protein, fiber and crunch, is super homey and filling when cooked into a warm porridge. A citrus dressing adds some brightness, while cool creamy avocado brings the entire salad together. (via What Jew Wanna Eat)
3. Sweet Fire Shrimp Bowl: Top a big bowl of rice with sweet and spicy shrimp, and you’ve already got a winner. Add mango salsa and a chili yogurt sauce and you may have a culinary masterpiece on your hands. (via I Wash You Dry)
5. Spicy Egg and Pepper Masala: Eggs may not be the first thing you think of when you envision Indian food, but these peppery eggs, with plenty of tang from curry leaves and whole fennel seeds, go perfectly with chutney and rice. (via Indian Khana)
6. Barley Risotto With Marinated Feta: Barley replaces the traditional rice in this tomato-based risotto. Topped with feta marinated in olive oil, it’s rich and creamy while still being healthy. (via Veggies by Candlelight)
8. Koran Bibimbap: It’s okay if you don’t have the traditional sizzling hot stone bowl to serve this rice dish in. It’s just as good in a plastic bowl, as long as you get all the toppings and plenty of spicy red gochujang, an umami-packed chili paste. (via A Spicy Perspective)
10. Vegan Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili: A perfect autumn bowl with plenty of beans, sweet squash and quinoa for protein. Best eaten on a cold night while the leaves change color. (via VeguKate)
13. Butternut Squash Risotto With Smoked Bacon and Fried Sage: What’s there to say? This bowl is packing all of our favorite tasty things in one super comforting pot that smells like a cozy cabin night. (via Port and Fin)
15. Kipper Kedgeree: Don’t turn up your nose at this popular English dish of smoked fish and boiled eggs. It’s super hearty, incredibly savory and equally as tasty for breakfast or dinner. (via Wander Crush)
16. Individual Moussaka: If you’ve ever had this savory Greek eggplant and meat pie, you know how important it is to have one all to yourself. Now go and enjoy breaking into that crust. (via Dance of Saucepans)
18. Sweet Potato Cranberry Quinoa Bowl: A powerful nutrient-packed blend of sweet potatoes, pomegranate quinoa, mashed avocado and cranberry sauce is perfect for fall or any other time of the year. (via Blissful Basil)
19. Lentil and Sausage Stew: There’s a reason why lentils and sausage is a classic French winter dish. They’ve been missing out on something without adding in a ton of healthy grains though. (via Bon Appeteat)
20. Oven Fried Shrimp and Thai Coconut Ramen Bowl: All the tasty flavors of coconut curry plus the crispiest shrimp of your dreams and plenty of noodles? Good luck trying to eat just one bowl. (via Soup Addict)
21. Spicy Chicken Curry With Lemon Ginger Rice and Garlic Yogurt: So many delicious flavors in only one bowl? It’s almost too much to handle, but we have faith in you and your fork. (via Rhubarbarians)
22. Strawberry-Avocado Quinoa Bowl: Sure, this bowl is a little summery, but even if you don’t have fresh strawberries on hand, you can still get plenty of light fruity flavor. Sub out the strawberries for cranberries or oranges in the winter for a treat that’s just as good and good for you. (via Taste Seekers Kitchen)
Ready to break out your finest bowls? Tell us which of these recipes you’d like to make in the comments below!