21 Marimekko Must-Haves from Target’s Latest Collab
By tossing out the old to make room for the new, spring cleaning leaves you with a whole lot of space to fill. If you’re looking for some inspiring new pieces to deck out your home, the latest Target + Marimekko collab is full of colorful home decor and outdoor entertaining/lounging items to revamp your entire season. The best part? It’s all super affordable, so you can invest in more than a few pieces. The collection, which is only *days* away, will be available starting April 17. So now’s the time to scope out which products you’ll make a beeline for come mid-April, ’cause they’re sure to sell out fast. Happy pinning!
1. Round Serving Tray – Albatrossi Print ($30): If you’re not one to stray from the bright and bold, you’ll love this vibrant serving tray that packs quite the visual punch. Pick up one or a few to really amp up the color scheme in your kitchen.
2. Reversible Placemats — Kukkatori & Appelsiini Print ($20, set of four): Now you won’t have to choose just one kind of placemat with this set of reversible ones. Mix it up from brunch to dinner party with the two exciting spring prints.
3. Rectangular Serving Tray — Meteori Print ($20): Perfect for serving a yummy round of appetizers, this rectangular serving tool is one you’ll want in your kitchen artillery come spring party season. Your friends won’t know which to look at — the delicious food or the brilliantly patterned tray.
4. Salad Plates ($20, set of four): This quadruple set of cool printed plates is a springtime essential. Whether you use ’em as plates to eat from or to display your trinkets, they’ll add a whole lotta fun to any room.
5. Carafe Drinkware — Lokki Print ($25, five pieces): Ombré has proven time and again that it’s here to stay. Case in point? This pretty little set of warm-toned ombré cups, which are perfect for spring and summer.
6. Bamboo Serving Set — Primary ($30, four pieces): Bring some bright spring colors into your kitchen utensils with this bamboo serving set. You could surprise your S.O. with breakfast in bed, or treat yourself to some Netflix + bfast with this pretty serving tray and plates.
7. Kitchen Towels — Kukkatori & Appelsiini Print ($10, set of two): Channel your bold approach to decor with this set of two vivid kitchen towels. After all, there’s no sparing your eye for style, even in the kitchen.
8. Dinner Plates ($25, set of four): If blue’s your color, go for this zigzag print dinner plate set of four. They’re definitely an eye-catching complement to your already indigo-filled tablescape.
9. Bocce 9 Piece Set — Kukkatori Print ($100): Warmer days mean more time spent outdoors. Pass the time with a fun round of bocce (an Italian game similar to lawn bowling).
10. Memory Card Game 36 Piece — Multi Print ($10): Sometimes a nice game of cards trumps a day running around in the sun. Instead of playing poker, opt for a challenging game of memory cards that’ll put you and your friends’ minds to the test.
11. Oversized Beach Tote — Albatrossi Print ($20): Hit the beach with this yellow, pink and red patterned tote. Aside from its cheery colors that’ll put you in the mood for some fun in the sun, this trusty tote is great for packing your beach-y essentials like your towel, sunscreen, beach read and sunglasses.
12. Round Oversized Inflatable ($40): It’s not a pool party until you have a float. Lay back and bask in the sun’s warmth all spring and summer long with this pretty-in-blue pool essential.
13. Adult Gardening Tool Set — Kukkatori Print ($20, four pieces): For those of you with a green thumb, there’s no time like spring to start honing your gardening skills. And there’s no better tools to do it with than this floral patterned set that’s as gorgeous as the flowers you’ll plant.
14. Sling Hammock ($65): Lazy spring and summer days spent lounging are simply the best. String up this colorful hammock between trees or porch columns. The hardest decision you’ll have to make when it comes to this hammock is about which book you plan to read while relaxing.
15. Round Beach Towel — Auringonkukka Print ($30): Dry off with this adorable and uniquely shaped round beach towel. It’s the cute and functional item to bring with you whether you’re heading to the pool, beach or water park.
16. Reversible Throw — Harka Print ($30): Here’s another home essential that offers versatility in its dual-sided prints. This reversible throw would look striking in your living room or thrown over the corner of your outdoor lounge chair.
17. Indoor/Outdoor Square Pillow — Appelsiini Print ($25): Add some sophistication to your home decor with this funky fresh print. Its floral pattern has a unique, almost geometric-like twist that blends feminine style with a modern aesthetic.
18. Deck Chair — Koppelo Print ($75): Now you can sunbathe in your backyard, the beach, the pool — wherever you want! Simply prop open this foldable deck chair, and you’ve got an instantly stylish and convenient seat.
19. Bean Bag — Paprika Print ($60): Imagine sinking into this uber soft bean bag after a long day. Mhmm. The only thing better than lounging in this chair would be doing so with a spiked lemonade in hand.
20. Pouf — Traktori Print ($50): You can kick back and relax after a long summer day by resting your feet on this stylish black and white pouf. It’s not just comfy, it’s the ultimate modern accent to any living room or bedroom space.
21. Outdoor Rug — Lokki Print ($80): Spring = the perfect time to add a colorful rug to your space. Spruce up your backyard porch or patio with this bold and beautiful one. We bet you can’t help but smile whenever you catch a glimpse of this lively pattern.
Which of these Target must-haves will you be snatching up? Follow us on Pinterest for all the latest collabs.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)