19 Layered Parfaits You’ll Want to Instagram ASAP
If you’ve ever seen one of those commercials where the highlight of some lady’s day is eating yogurt, you might have found yourself thinking, “What is that lady so excited about?” That scenario might be a little easier to stomach if the woman was eating a macaronut (yes, it’s a thing) instead of spooning yogurt out of a single-serve plastic container. If baked goods aren’t your idea of a healthy snack or ideal breakfast, and you still want to reach your own state of yogurt bliss, make yourself one of these 19 decadent layered parfaits. They’re healthy treats that will also satisfy your sweet tooth in the morning (or afternoon… or after dinner). Try alternating layers of creamy yogurt with fresh or pureed fruit, healthy yogurt toppings like toasted grains and fresh mint or even chia seed pudding. How sweet is that?
1. Roasted Blueberry Parfaits: Roasting blueberries creates a delicious, naturally saucy topping you can sweeten to your liking with a little sugar and vanilla extract. Layer roasted blueberries straight out of the oven with yogurt and granola for some hot and cold action. It’s reminiscent of a hot pie topped with cold whipped cream. (via The Cake Blog)
2. Banana and Chocolate Chia Cream Pie Parfaits:The classic banana split gets a healthy superfood makeover. If you haven’t hopped on board the chia pudding train yet, this recipe might persuade you. Grab two spoons to share with your beau, and pretend you’re on a date at an old-school diner. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Fourth of July Parfait: Though this yogurt treat was dreamed up with a summer weekend of indulgent eating in mind, it also works as a simple breakfast or afternoon snack. Bonus: It only has six ingredients and requires no cooking. (via Bakers Royale)
4. Persimmon Yogurt Parfaits: When persimmons are in season and you have so many you don’t know what to do with them, pureeing is a solid option. They’ll add major flavor to smoothies and yogurt and lend some texture to this creamy parfait. (via Low Carb Maven)
5. Honeyed Grapefruit Yogurt Parfait With Popped Amaranth: Start your day off with a new-to-you whole grain like amaranth for an energy boost that will keep you focused all morning long. Use a tall pan to toast the seeds — they have a tendency to jump when they pop! (via The Kitchn)
6. Raspberry Mocha Mudslide Parfaits: (Literally) whip up these easy desserts for your next dinner party. It’s a completely no-bake dessert — just save some room in your fridge to let it thicken and the chocolate, raspberry and coffee flavors set. (via Baking a Moment)
7. Salted Bourbon Vanilla Granola With Caramelized Fig Parfaits: Sweet breakfast lovers, this yogurt dish is calling your name. Make a big batch of this amazing granola, made with both bourbon and vanilla bean paste, so you can eat it all week. Trust us — it’ll go fast. (via How Sweet It Is)
8. Blueberry Pie Yogurt Parfaits: Indulge your cravings and have pie anytime you like! Just crumble some graham crackers and layer with homemade blueberry sauce and Greek yogurt. That was a lot easier than baking a pie, right? (via The Attune Foods Daily Digest)
9. No-Bake Avocado Lime Parfaits: For a light dessert that still manages to be super rich and satisfying, try this parfait made with avocado. It’s suggested you use Greek cream cheese for the creamy avocado pudding layer, but if you can’t find it, you can opt for nonfat cream cheese or thick kefir instead. (via Yummy Healthy Easy)
10. Blueberry Rose Chevre Pesto and Parfait With Berries and Melon: Though this blend of berries, nuts and cheese isn’t what you typically think of when you picture pesto, it’s well worth trying. Layer with grapes and berries — a natural pairing for chevre cheese — for an afternoon bite when you’re craving a snack that’s both sweet and savory. (via Cali Zona)
11. Chia Berry Parfait: For those of us who like to hit the snooze button, this chia pudding, berry mash and banana cream concoction can be prepared the night before and layered in a mason jar for an easy breakfast. If you’re taking this parfait to go, package dry ingredients separately and top once you’re ready to eat. (via GMO Free Girl)
12. Cantaloupe in Coconut Rose Cream: Enjoy a taste of summer whenever the mood strikes. This gorgeous cantaloupe parfait is just the refreshment you need on a hot day; it’s juicy and filled with floral notes thanks to pistachios and rosewater. Even if it hasn’t warmed up where you are, you’ll swear you’ve been transported to the beach. (via Kiran Tarun)
13. Motichoor Rabri Parfait: This parfait uses Indian fried cakes, known as “ladoo,” for a delicious textural component in place of your typical granola. It’s a clever Westernized take on rabri, an Indian yogurt-based dessert. (via Whisk Affair)
14. Coconut, Chia and Mango Breakfast Parfait: When it’s hot out, you don’t want to start your day off with a heavy breakfast. Keep cool in the AM with an airy chia pudding and pureed mango with no sugar added. This recipe only requires four ingredients, so you’ll know the first meal of your day is a clean one. (via The Swirling Spoon)
15. Strawberry Blackberry Yogurt Parfait: Sometimes dishes are not what they seem. Case in point: this berry yogurt parfait, which has a secret ingredient. Mascarpone cheese is whipped into Greek yogurt for a little extra indulgence, and we’re more than okay with that. Sometimes you need a sugary secret weapon to get you through the day. (via Foodness Gracious)
16. Creamy Chia Parfait With Crunchy Millet: Ran out of granola? Luckily, you can make a crunchy granola-like topping with a little coconut oil, millet and maple syrup on your stovetop. It’s just the crispy addition this vanilla chia pudding parfait with mango avocado needs to become a breakfast staple in your life. (via The Green Life)
17. Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Parfait: Sometimes the simplest dish can satisfy all of our cravings. That’s why this white chocolate parfait is at the top of our cravings list. It’s as simple as melting white chocolate, whipping it into yogurt and layering with fresh strawberries. (via Little Sweet Baker)
18. Lemon Berry Cheesecake Parfait: This completely vegan parfait uses cashews to add richness to its faux cheesecake. Since it’s dairy free, this delight won’t weigh you down. In fact, you’ll find the protein from the nuts and natural coconut sugar totally energizing. (via Vegan Yack Attack)
19. Blueberry Parfait Milkshake: Milkshakes for breakfast? Sign us up! A touch of vanilla extract makes this parfait taste more like dessert than breakfast. A spritz of whipped cream doesn’t hurt either. Spoon or sip to enjoy — it’s totally up to you. (via Brit + Co)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)