In this day and age, personal branding is a must. Wait… you didn’t realize that you even had a brand to start with? Yup, it’s true. Not just limited to the blogosphere, how you present yourself on social media and the Interwebs is reflective of the brand that you’re building. From creating a logo and oh-so-snazzy website to establishing a consistent image, marketing your “personal brand” in 2015 will be a cinch. Scroll on for 12 easy tips for getting your brand started.
1. Maintain a Planner: So. Much. To. Do. Yeah, we feel ya. To ensure that you’re consistently updating all of your social media feeds, posting to your personal website and staying on top of e-mail, don’t forget to pencil it all in. (via Shay Cochrane)
2. Learn to Network: Form partnerships and make connections with other like-minded entrepreneurs so you can collaborate on fun projects when the opportunity presents itself. Networking doesn’t just have to happen at national conferences — check Meetup and other local events in your area for networking opportunities. (via @mackenziehoran)
3. B is for Business Cards: Having a personal brand means that you’ll need a business card. Even if you’re a student and don’t technically have a business, business cards will make all your networking even easier. Yup, you’re officially considered legit now. (via Love Grows Design Blog)
4. Fancy Headshots: Smile! It’s time for a headshot that reflects the real you. And, no, it need not be your standard (read: boring) profile pic. Choose a snapshot that epitomizes your true self. (via @carly)
6. Create a Logo: Designing a logo is sort of a rite of passage. Not only does having a logo make you look professional, but it gives you something that is quickly identifiable across all print and online platforms. (via imbreannarose.com)
7. Set Goals: Whether your personal brand factors into your full-time job or not, it’s important to constantly be setting goals. Want to increase your presence on Instagram and work with so-and-so individual? Go for it. #cantstopwontstop (via Best Friends for Frosting)
8. Consistency is Key: The more consistent your brand is, the more memorable you will be in a sea of like-minded branding connoisseurs. While this doesn’t mean that you have to invest in a matching stationery set, it does mean that you should be aware of the image you’re projecting. (via @carly)
9. Document Accomplishments: In addition to, or in place of, a blog, an online resume will highlight your accomplishments, victories and all that jazz. With super innovative platforms like about.me, publicizing your personal brand will be easy peasy. (via about.me)
10. Create a Brand Board: Odds are, you’ve seen these design-savvy boards floating around Pinterest and maybe even popping up on your favorite blogs. For the sake of consistency, maintaining a board documenting important elements such as preferred typefaces, color palettes and various logo mockups will prove to be a game changer. (via Tickled Peach Studio)
11. Pen a Blog: While it may seem like everyone and their brother is jumping onto the blogging bandwagon, it’s with good reason. When done with the very best intentions, blogging is an excellent way to share your thoughts and allow others to get to know you on a more personal level. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
12. Get Brainstorming: Not sure where to start? Say hello to your first task: Generate a list of adjectives that you would use to describe your personality, aesthetics and traits, and let the creative juices start flowing. (via Design*Sponge)
Which tips will you be taking to heart as you shape your personal brand? Tell us in the comments below!