These 10 Recipes Are Pho Real Going to Replace Your Takeout
Ordering in is great and all, but think about all the cash you could save by making your dinner at home. Because your go-to pho order is *so* easy to prepare, you could have dinner on the table in less time than it takes to wait for the delivery guy to ring your bell. The Vietnamese noodle soup is perfect for nights when you’ve had a hard day and just want to curl up on the couch with something warm and comforting. Explore these 10 pho recipes that’ll keep you slurping on the cheap without sacrificing any of the flavor.
1. Cheater Pho: It’s true that legit pho takes hours simmering away on the stove. Lucky for you, you can make a pretty convincing faux pho in just 30 minutes with a few sneaky tricks. (via Damn Delicious)
2. Low-Carb Pho: Pho is traditionally made with rice noodles, which are pretty carb heavy. Swap them for shirataki noodles and you’ll slash the carbs and the calories enough that you could even sneak in ice cream for dessert. (via Ketogasm)
3. Paleo Beef Pho: Thanks to kelp noodles and crispy beef, this pho is totally Paleo- and Whole30-friendly. Add a soft-boiled egg on top and you’ll boost that protein factor even more. (via The Almond Eater)
5. Vietnamese Pho Soup: A proper pho broth should have a hint of slow-cooked anise flavor. To do this in minimal time, use store-bought broth and simmer whole star anise, cinnamon sticks, and cloves for just 20 minutes. (via Gimme Some Oven)
6. Rotisserie Chicken Pho: Rotisserie chicken has surely saved your dinner on more than one occasion. When it comes to making a speedy pho, it’s going to be the ingredient that gets your meal on the table ASAP. (via Simply Whisked)
7. Umami Crispy Pork Pho: The rich umami flavors of crispy pork make this dish outrageously delicious. Thanks to a handful of standout ingredients, this 30-minute pho tastes like it’s been simmering all day long. (via Naked Cuisine)
9. Spicy Almond Chicken Pho: Opt for a quick-cooking protein like a chicken breast to speed the process up substantially. If you also have a love for pad thai, adding almond butter to your broth will give it that nutty flavor and creaminess. (via Cotter Crunch)
10. Easy Vegan Pho: You’ll find that this meat-free option doesn’t compromise on flavor to achieve its vegan status. Top your finished pho with cilantro, scallions, and fresh jalapeño to give it a last-minute kick. (via Pickles and Honey)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy takeout-inspired recipe ideas.