15 Pumpkin Products to Try at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Target + Beyond
Though there are plenty of bizarre pumpkin-flavored foods out there, there’s no denying that Americans collectively LOVE anything PSL-flavored. This season (and beyond!) is the perfect occasion to celebrate this delicious seasonal flavor, so as weird as it may get, we’re not complaining! If you want to incorporate pumpkin into areas of your life other than your morning latte, there are *tons* of ways to do it. The best part is that many of them only require a trip to your nearby grocery store. Whether it’s a Whole Foods, a Target, a Trader Joe’s or an Aldi down your street, here are 15 of the most delicious and creative pumpkin-flavored items you can pick up.
1. 365 Everyday Value Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches: A product of Whole Foods’ 365 Everyday Value brand, these ice cream sammies are completely USDA-certified organic. They’re made with pumpkin-flavored ice cream sandwiched between two golden wafers. These babies are limited edition, though, so get ’em while they’re hot! …Er, cold.
2. 365 Everyday ValuePumpkin Spice Granola: If there’s one category of meals we LOVE to sprinkle pumpkin spice over, it’s sweet breakfast foods. Granola is no exception! This organic granola is made with whole-grain rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and dried apples, giving it the perfect palette for fall mornings.
3. 365 Everyday ValuePumpkin Pie Cheesecake Sandwich Cremes: These sweet little treats perfect the taste of pumpkin cheesecake, making it both portable and snackable. You can twist these apart to lick the filling or dunk them in milk to get the ultimate flavor out of them. We also recommend dipping them in a cup of coffee or espresso, which should give you a strong PSL-vibe with a crunchy bonus.
4. 365 Everyday Value Pumpkin Spice Low Fat Yogurt: Okay, we KNOW this is a little weird. But we might just be willing to give it a chance. Pumpkin-flavored yogurt sounds a little bit like pumpkin cheesecake in a cup, doesn’t it? Give it a try and see what you think!
5. Baker’s Corner Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix: If you want to make baking pumpkin pie more simple, pick up this super easy-to-make pumpkin pie mix from Aldi. All you need to do is add eggs and sugar, and voila! It makes an entire pie, too, so you’ll dramatically cut down your shopping list by opting for this. Win!
6. Friendly Farms Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer: If you want just a hint of PSL, reach for this coffee creamer. It’s pumpkin-spice flavored, so you’ll definitely get your fix, but it’s a whole lot less expensive and sugary than a Starbucks PSL. Compare the sugar content, for example: This bad boy only has five grams per serving, while the PSL has roughly 50.
7. Nature’s Nectar Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Cider: We love nothing more than fall-flavored ciders, and this pumpkin cider is particularly special. It’s sparkling (read: bubbly) and flavored with only natural ingredients. Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger and even pumpkin round out the list of delicious fall flavors. We should clarify, though, that this is a non-alcoholic cider. Add some golden rum to this delicious treat to make it an adults-only beverage.
8. barkTHINS Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Snacking Chocolate: When you just want to nom on some chocolate, barkTHINS is there for you with its snacking bark. Made with dark chocolate and protein-rich pumpkin seeds, this fair trade-certified treat is actually pretty good for you. It’s also topped with natural sea salt, making for a delish sweet-and-salty combo.
9. Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Spice Coffee: It’s not just hipsters — EVERYONE is obsessed with Dunkin’ Donuts coffee these days, and luckily, it’s super convenient to pick up at your local Target. This pumpkin spice-flavored ground coffee blend is a seasonally perfect choice for chilly fall mornings. Pair it with a pumpkiny treat to seal the deal.
10. Tazo Chai Pumpkin Spice Latte: Chai tea AND pumpkin spice? This drink is literally the epitome of fall. Black tea, pumpkin pie spice and all the flavors of chai (that’s cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and a little sugar, in case you didn’t know) come together in this ready-made concentrate. Just blend with a little bit of milk (dairy or non-dairy), warm up and enjoy!
11. Nature’s Path Flax Plus Pumpkin Flax Granola: Here’s another healthy granola pick for you crunchy guys and gals. This fall-inspired granola contains a ton of Omega-3s, primarily from flaxseed, a 100% percent vegan fat and protein source. In fact, it’s generally packed with protein (both from the flax AND from delicious pumpkin seeds) and made with completely organic ingredients.
12. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter: Though this stuff contains no actual butter, it’s packed with yummy pumpkin. It’s actually a combination of thick, pureed pumpkin and a variety of spices, topped with sugar and ready to serve. Add it to toast, croissants, muffins and cookies to make your treats extra flavorful and sweet.
13. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Almond Beverage: Pumpkin spice seems almost MADE for almond milk — the two flavors are nutty, spicy and full of fall flavor. This TJ’s product combines the two in a non-dairy PSL alternative that would be lovely both in coffee or all on its own.
14. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix: The smell of pumpkin pastries baking in the kitchen is sure to signal the arrival of the holiday season, and you can recreate that exact feeling without much fuss by springing for a baking mix. This particular one from Trader Joe’s is super easy to make. You just need to add eggs, oil and water, and perhaps spread some of the aforementioned pumpkin butter on top!
15. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Soup Crackers: Instead of putting crackers in your pumpkin soup, this amazing creation lets you put pumpkin soup in your crackers! These pumpkin- and oat-infused crackers showcase all the flavors of pumpkin soup in an easy, ready-to-go form. Bonus points for the fact that they’re also completely gluten-free.
Follow us on Pinterest for more food news, recipes and culinary inspo!