20 Great Greek Recipes to Make Today
You may not be able to jet off on a Greek getaway any time soon, but these 20 Grecian recipes are sure to make you feel like a goddess in your own kitchen, no airfare or passport required. Go ahead and treat yourself to any one of these tempting recipes for everything from appetizers to dessert. Not enough culture for you? Then you’ll definitely want to give the DIY Greek yogurt a go (see what we did there?).
1. Savory Pastitsio Cups: Love lasagna? Try this individual-size Greek twist! (via Figs & Feta)
3. Dolmades (Vegetarian, Gluten-free): These grape leaves are stuffed with an herbacious pine nut- and current-studded rice filling — perfect served as a light meal or appetizer. (via My Darling Lemon Thyme)
11. Roast Pumpkin and Feta Croquettes (Kroketes Kolokitha): Fried balls of cheesy pumpkin goodness are a tasty way to usher in autumn with a touch of Grecian flair. (via Greek Vegetarian)
12. Kleftiko: These slow-cooked lamb shanks are delicious topped with a dollop of cool tzatziki. (via TALERKA)
13. Melomakarona: Soaking shortbread in a honey syrup transforms the cookies into a pudding-like delight. (via Adventures in Cooking)
14. Taramasalata: This indulgent, colorful dip combines milk-soaked bread with aromatics and roe. (via Under the Andalusian Sun)
What’s your go-to Grecian dish, whether you make it at home or order it at a favorite restaurant? Let’s chat in the comments!