18 Chipotle-Spiced Eats That Totally Bring the Heat
Take a ripe, bright red jalapeño, add a little smoke and what do you get? That’s right, a chipotle! Each of the three common forms belong in your pantry, from the sweet-spicy, adobo-sauced kind in the can, to dried whole peppers, to the ground variety in a spice jar — they offer a concentrated burst of heat and flavor in distinctly different ways, with practically no effort required at all. Click through these 18 craveable recipes for inspiration, and then get to cooking!
1. Chipotle-Honey Glazed Chicken: Pop these spicy-sweet skewers on the grill and a few minutes later you’ll be chowing down. We’re loving the cooling, creamy avocado sauce served alongside. (via The Iron You)
2. Aztec Chocolate Chipotle Cake With Cocoa Buttercream Frosting: Ground chipotle pepper adds an awesome depth with a side of spice to chocolate cake. (via Gringalicious)
5. Chipotle Chili Con Tempeh (Vegan): The texture of crumbled tempeh is a dead ringer for ground beef in this hearty vegan chili. Packed with tons of flavor and spice, you won’t miss the meat at all. (via Keepin’ it Kind)
7. Chorizo Meatloaf With Chipotle Queso Sauce: Now this is one meatloaf you’ll be eager to sit down to at night. A 50-50 mix of ground beef and chorizo provides the perfect balance of spice, and queso offers a very welcome upgrade to the usual ketchup-based glaze. (via Life’s Ambrosia)
8. Chocolate Cookies With Raspberries, Chipotle and Pepitas: Each element — freeze-dried raspberries, pepitas and chipotle — adds its own little bit of pizzazz to these very adult, very fun cookies. (via 10th Kitchen)
10. Roasted Chipotle Chicken Tacos: Use an overturned muffin tin to create petite taco shells for stuffing with a fiesta-worthy mix of tomatillo, lime and chipotle-seasoned rotisserie chicken. (via Brit + Co)
12. Walnut Macarons With Chipotle Ganache: Roasting walnuts before grinding them into flour may seem like a small step, but its flavor payoff is huge, allowing the shells of these macarons to stand up to an assertive chipotle-dark-chocolate filling. (via Food With a View)
14. Chipotle Adobo Breakfast Tacos With Quick Guacamole: What a wonderfully filling way to wake up your tastebuds in the morning. (via The Kitchen Paper)
15. Fried Pickle Poppers: Hollowed out pickles are stuffed with your fave cheese — cheddar, pub cheese, pimento dip, you name it — then covered in an eggroll wrapper and fried to create these outrageous poppers. But wait, there’s more! A garlicky chipotle-lemon mayo is served alongside for dipping. (via Host the Toast)
Have you ever cooked with chipotles? Which form is your favorite to work with? Let’s talk in the comments!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.