This Three-Year Old (Yes, Three) Fashionista Is Killing the #OOTD Game
Watch out, North West — there’s a new stylish tot in town. She roams around NYC in a purple puffer, has dinosaur leggings, and was snapped front row at Mansur Gavriel rocking a chicken hat. If you’re not already following Eva Chen (AKA Instagram’s trend-setting head of fashion partnerships) on social, then may we suggest doing so STAT for a glimpse of her über fashion-forward three-year old, Ren. Alright, alright… Chen gets some props for doing the actual styling per se, but you get our drift. Scroll through for 14 of the toddler stylist in training’s most slay-worthy (and shoppable) looks to date. more
“Is this how this thing works?” There’s no shortage of rainy day whimsy to be found here — that’s fo’sure.
1. Rainy Day Shenanigans: You’re just a hop, skip, and jump away from staying dry. Zoobrella’s line of playful umbrellas (peep the 3D monkey ears) will 100 percent put a smile on your little one’s face. Brit + Co Pick: Skip Hop Zoobrella Little Kid Umbrella ($15)
At just three-years-young, this cutie was the talk of #NYFW with her fresh take on mixed prints. As for the pièce de résistance? It was her chuckle-worthy chicken hat that nobody — we mean, nobody — saw coming. (Photo via @gastrochic for @nytimesfashion)
2. FROW-Ready: Dabble in a little print-on-print action with some comfy-chic leopard print leggings and a pair of EMU Australia’s celestial-inspired suede boots. Ren’s sippy cup not included. Brit + Co Pick: Ice Cream Castles Leopard Thermal Pant in Camel ($41) + EMU Australia Starry Night Boot ($90)
So. Much. ‘Tude. Gah, we can’t handle it.
3. Ren Does Athluxury: The secret to flaunting major sartorial finesse? Seek inspo à la the Ren-ster and The Royal Tenenbaums by teaming this exclusive Rosie Assoulin t-shirt alongside a retro Adidas track jacket for your next workout sesh. Brit + Co: Rosie Assoulin Children’s Thank You T-Shirt Pink ($75)
Same, Ren, SAME.
4. Case of the Mondays: Though she be little, your youngster will be fierce in this army-hued twill parka featuring a removable raccoon fur collar. Brit + Co: Mackage Tobee-T Unisex Twill Parka With Hood ($450)
She’s not even a teensy bit embarrassed to pose for a selfie with her mom — albeit, we’d be down for a photo op with the Insta queen too.
5. Fun in the Sun: Yes, you CAN outfit your cute little niece or cousin in this emoji-printed rashguard (with UPF 50 protection) for a season of fun in the sun. Brit + Co Pick: Mott 50 Mini Cameron Long Sleeve Swim Shirt ($39)
Unicorns DO exist. It’s safe to say that she was none too pleased.
6. IRL Unicorn: Unfortunately, we couldn’t track down that magical unicorn costume from Pottery Barn (check back next Halloween). You can, however, snag her pixie-dust-inspired neoprene slip-ons from Plae — perfect for getting around by scooter, foot, you name it. Brit + Co Pick: Plae Chloe Star Dust Blue ($50)
Ren for prez. Meet your future 2050 presidential nominee.
7. The Future Is Female: Make an empowering statement — and spread the GRL PWR — from day one with one of Otherwild’s now iconic slogan t-shirts. Brit + Co: Otherwild The Future Is Female T-Shirt ($25)
TFW a three-year-old is better dressed for her first day of “separation summer camp” than you are for a day at the office.
8. First Day #OOTD: Does this twirl-worthy ballet slipper pink diamante tulle skirt from Stella McCartney Kids come in grown-up sizes? Asking for a friend. Brit + Co: Stella McCartney Kids Girls Pink Tulle Honey Skirt ($90)
Hmm… it looks like a 75 percent chance of absolute slayage.
9. Toddler on the Move: As per this little one’s style recs, any of Joules’ colorful and printed rain boots is guaranteed to make a splash on the streets. We vote in favor of the roaming sea ponies. Brit + Co Pick: Joules Printed Rain Boots ($45)
Mouth waters for Cookie Monster cake.
10. Drool Monster: Being an Instagram star in the making means having a different bib lined up for every day of the week. Matimati’s bandanas have been dubbed the most “drool-catching” accessory yet! Brit + Co: Matimati Baby Monochrome Baby Bandana Bib Set 8-Pack ($44)
Signature #EvaChen pose in progress — give or take a special cameo from Ren and her beloved cherry print lunch bag.
11. #RenChen Pose: As per Insta stories, “Ren, please eat your lunch today…” This totally toteable insulated lunchbox from Cheeky Kids need not be restricted to the playground. Big-girl boardroom, here we come. Brit + Co Pick: Cheeky Kids Insulated Red Cherries Lunch Bag ($10)
File a visit to Facebook HQ’s tiny conference room under #goals.
12. Head Tot in Charge: Werk. You have Mainio to thank for this lazy girl-approved hoodie dress flaunting an artsy pattern. Brit + Co Pick: Mainio Sisu Hoodie ($65)
Probs taken just moments before attempting to hail a taxi from the LES.
13. I Heart NYC: Every pint-sized city dweller or tourist needs this totes adorb baseball tee from Piccolini NYC to cheer on the Yankees. Brit + Co: Piccoliny Hot Dog Pretzel NY Baseball Tee in Black White ($40)
Who wore it better in the latest installment of mommy-and-me dressing: Eva or Ren?
14. Twinning With Mommy: Upstage mommy with one of Unreal’s matching pretty-in-pink faux fur textured toppers. Brit + Co: Unreal Fur Dream Kids Mini-Me Jacket ($179)
What’s your favorite #winning Ren Bannister-approved look to date? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.