The Best Way to Roast Cauliflower Without Messing It Up
You don’t have to toil over potatoes gratin or carrot soufflé to put a standout vegetable dish on the table. With olive oil, salt and pepper, and a trusty roasting technique, you can give veggies all the love they need. Take this easy roasted cauliflower, for example: a head of cauliflower is sliced into florets, oiled and seasoned, and quick-roasted at a fiery 500° — which browns the florets before they have a chance to get mushy. In just 20 minutes, you’ll have a side dish you’ll proudly serve without breaking a sweat (or if you do, it’s only because your kitchen may become really hot).
Foolproof roasted cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Place cauliflower florets on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and move around the pan to combine.
- Place in the oven, and roast, stirring a few times throughout, until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then serve.
Craving more comfort food? Follow Brit + Co on Pinterest!
(Photo and recipe via Sara Cagle / Brit + Co)