Side dishes — especially veggies — are often an afterthought. We pride ourselves on our perfectly roasted chickens and our saucy pork chops while throwing a very mediocre side of veggies onto our plates that’ll likely be pushed around and ignored. But that doesn’t have to be the case! With a little inspiration and some roasting, you can easily turn your veg sides into stars. These 14 recipes will show you how.
1. Honey Roasted Tomatoes: Juicy and bursting with fresh flavor, honey roasted tomatoes bring a sweetened twist to the side of your plate. (via The Almond Eater)
2. Roasted Hasselback Beets With Dill Dressing:Beet lovers are going to fall head over heels for these tender roasted Scandinavian-inspired hasselback beets drizzled with dill dressing. (via From a Chef’s Kitchen)
3. Roasted Sweet Potato With Chipotle Mayo: This recipe will have you swapping your usual maple-glazed potatoes for these roasted gems slathered in smokey, creamy mayo. (via My Little Larder)
4. Roasted Brown Sugar Carrots: These gorgeous rainbow carrots are roasted to tender perfection and smothered with a sweet ‘n’ spicy brown sugar glaze kicked up with cumin, coriander, and tarragon. (via Wander Spice)
6. Mediterranean Roasted Cabbage Steaks: Tender cabbage “steaks” are smothered with pesto, feta, Parmesan, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and other goodies for a Mediterranean-inspired side. (via Inspector Gorgeous)
7. Whole Roasted Shallots: Shallots make for a great addition to dishes, but enjoying them roasted in balsamic vinegar and butter lets us appreciate them on a whole new level. (via Salt and Lavender)
9. Roasted Green Beans With Tomato Caper Relish: This recipe shakes things up with your usual green bean side by adding a tangy and tasty tomato caper relish that will have you craving beans on the reg. (via From a Chef’s Kitchen)
10. Roasted Radishes: If you’re off carbs but hankering roasted potatoes, these roasted radishes are the answer. With a simple toss in olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley, they will sate your craving like no other. (via Every Last Bite)
11. Five-Ingredient Oven Roasted Garlic and Herb Butternut Squash: It’s not really fall until you dig into some roasted butternut squash, and this *bomb* recipe brings pine nuts to your plate to add the perfect crunch. (via Eazy Peazy Mealz)
12. Oven-Roasted Broccoli: Oven-roasted broccoli is the only broccoli, and this recipe demonstrates why with a mouthful of garlicky, lemony, and cheesy crispiness. (via White Plate Blank Slate)
13. Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts: With just six ingredients and 30 minutes, you can devour these golden sweet ‘n’ tangy Brussels sprouts with just about any of your weeknight dinners. (via A Sweet Pea Chef)
For even more veggie love, follow us on Pinterest.