11 Apps to Get You Up and Running
We have a love-hate relationship with running. We hate getting out of bed at 6 am and strapping on our shoes, but we love the afterglow of that runner’s high. Whether you’re training for a marathon or easing into jogging, running is one of the best ways to stay healthy and active. Ready to get set and go? Here are 11 apps to help you hit the ground running.
1. Runtastic: Running can get boring if you’re always going the same route. How about a little adventure? This app allows users to go on a “story run,” a narrated story that follows your pace and gives you a little audio inspiration to keep that body moving. (Free on iOS and Android)
2. Strava Running: Love some friendly competition? Not only is Strava great for tracking your running stats, it also lets you keep up with your friends’ runs and see who’s dominating the leaderboard. (Free on iOS and Android)
3. RunKeeper: Keep track of that mileage like never before. From pre-planned routes and personalized goals to training plans, RunKeeper saves data from every run. Tracking your progress has never been easier. (Free on iOS and Android)
7. iSmoothRun: Running aficionados, this gem is for you. For those who love to run long distance, enjoy interval workouts and track their cadence, iSmoothRun figures out your beat and works to improve your runs, whatever type they might be. ($6 on iOS)
8. Endomondo Life: This app takes everything one step at a time, literally. Tailor the settings to create personal steps-per-day goals and to keep track of how many steps total you’ve taken. (Free on iOS)
9. 5k Runner: If you’re training for your first 5K, like the Color Run, then you’re in luck. This app will take you from 0 to 5K in just eight weeks. With an audio coach, running tips and best practices, you’ll enter that race fully prepared. ($3 on iOS)
10. Map My Run: No longer can we lie about that “mile” we ran after work on Monday. Friends can see real-time stats during your workout. This works for best for a group of friends since you’ll be holding each other accountable. (Free on iOS and Android)
Which running apps interest you? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)