15 Slow Cooker Soup Recipes to Warm You Up
Once winter arrives in all of its icy glory, it’s understandable that you’ll want to burrow under the covers and solely sip soup for dinner. And after a long day at the office, it’s less than likely that you’ll be tempted to gather ingredients and start chopping. That’s why these crock pot soup recipes were made for you. Do a quick chop before work starts, pop the ingredients together and when you return home you’ll have a delicious meal waiting. Even better? You can store excess soup in Mason Jars and bring them to the office. After all, no one wants to go outside for a sad salad when it’s sweater weather. Scroll on for some down-right delish soup recipes.
1. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash + Sweet Potato Soup: This recipe is sweet with an unexpected kick, provided by a coconut milk swirl and a bit of fresh ginger. While it’s fresh for fall, it will work equally well when you’re hibernating this winter. (via Life Made Sweeter)
2. Slow Cooker Potato and Corn Chowder: When the thought of getting up early before work sounds horrifying, use your night owl vision to put these ingredients in overnight. That way, you’ll be off to work with a hot lunch and you won’t have to lose any beauty sleep. Plus, it won’t lose any flavor when you freeze it. (via Damn Delicious)
4. Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup: Slow cooking this soup gives all of the fabulous flavors time to fuse together. Plus, it’s so hearty you definitely won’t be hungry after a bowlful. (via Culinary Hill)
7. Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup: It’s almost impossible to find a black bean soup recipe that’s vegan, especially at your favorite Mexican restaurant. This one pulls through without sacrificing flavor. (via Gimme Some Oven)
8. Slow Cooker Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew: Everyone needs a go-to pantry recipe that feels fresh for when you’ve been meaning to go to the grocery for days but just haven’t made it there. To make it *even* easier, you can pop these pantry ingredients into your trusty slow cooker for a filling meal. (via The Kitchn)
10. Slow Cooker Peasant Stew: Every pantry has Rotel and canned beans stored somewhere in it, even if it’s toward the very back. Make use of your pantry ingredients with this updated peasant stew. (via Some the Wiser)
11. Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup: For those Garfield-inspired days when you want the delicious combination of meat, cheese and mozzarella, but don’t have the time to whip up a batch of lasagna, this soup has you covered. (via Culinary Hill)
12. Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup: Minestrone soup is easy enough to whip up on the stovetop, but for a truly successful batch, the flavors need to blend for at least a couple of hours. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
13. Creamy Potato Soup: There’s nothing that will fill you up quite like a delicious baked potato packed with all your faves. This slow cooker soup has bacon and cheese. How’s that for decadent and delicious? (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
14. Slow Cooker Cream of Mushroom Soup: Everyone has a favorite soup their mom used to make, most of which involve lots of cream and a little bit of veggies. This recipe will warm you up on the coldest of nights. (via Everyday Good Thinking)
15. Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup: Lime, avocado and crispy tortillas give this soup a lot of flavor. While all of the colors might make you yearn for the summertime, it will still warm you up just right this winter. (via A Dash of Megnut)
Which soup are you going to whip up this weekend? Let us know in the comments below!