10 Wine (Yes, Wine!) Floats to Make This Summer
First there was wine, and then there was wine ice cream. So naturally, it was only a matter of time before wine ice cream floats hit the scene. Bringing our two great loves together, this creation is like a foodie love fest in a glass. Part ice cream and part wine slushie, they're exactly the chilled cocktail-slash-dessert you've been craving. Best of all, you can whip them up easily with ingredients you likely already have on hand. Quick and easy, boozy and creamy, these yummy drinks are downright addicting. Enjoy them as an after-dinner dessert or while kicking back on the patio with your buds. Scroll on for 10 wine ice cream floats that show you exactly why they're the drool-worthy combo of summer.
1. Rosé Slushie Floats: These playful slushie floats are absolutely drool-worthy. They're just the boozy summer cocktail and hot weather dessert combo you need for your next porch-worthy evening. (via Sed Bona)
2. Raspberry Pink Champagne Floats: Made with pink Champagne and raspberry sorbet, these floats are the perfect summer treat. As the sorbet melts into the Champagne, it creates a sweet frothy head in the glass. (via The Cookie Rookie)
3. Moscato Float: A bubbly sweet white like Moscato is the ideal wine for this ice cream float. Pink Moscato has a slight note of berry that's a perfect complement to vanilla ice cream. (via The Taylor House)
4. Sparkling Strawberries + Cream Champagne Floats: Calling all theater nerds! This float is an ode to the song Vanilla Ice Cream from the Broadway musical She Loves Me. It's also just pure delicious. (via Parsnips and Pastries)
5. Red Wine Granita With Vanilla Ice Cream: This wine float starts with a flavor-packed granita that's delicious enough to stand on its own. But why would it, when there's a creamy scoop of ice cream waiting right alongside it? They melt together into a puddle of wine-float goodness. (via Honestly Yum)
7. Red Wine Float: Your favorite Grenache gets a dollop of cherries followed by a scoop of vanilla ice cream in this grown-up version of a root beer float. It'll be the tastiest wine hack of summer. (via Winc)
8. Berry-Prosecco Ice Cream Floats: This float can be the star of an evening soiree with friends or simply a good way to use up leftovers after a dinner party. Toss berries and sugar in a glass, add a scoop of ice cream, then top it off with bubbly Prosecco. (via Lonny)
9. Red Wine Ice Cream Floats: This float is crazy simple to make and calls for just three ingredients: maraschino cherries, vanilla ice cream and sparkling red wine. Muddle the cherries in the bottom of the glass first to get all that candied cherry deliciousness coursing through. (via Mind Over Batter)
10. Champagne and Raspberry Ice Cream Floats: This float has gone classy with Champagne — ooh la la! The homemade raspberry sauce is simple to make and adds a beautiful pop of red to the all-white float. Plus the intense raspberry flavor is divine. (via Recipe Runner)
Are you drooling over these wine ice cream floats? There's more where that came from. Follow us on Pinterest.
This post has been updated.