7 Easy Ways to Boost Your Small Business
From establishing your social media brand to designing your website, there’s a lot to navigate out there as a small business. Paying someone to execute for you will do anything but help you save money — especially when you’re on a budget. So why not give it a crack yourself? With these small business essentials, you’re just a couple of hours away from building your own website and growing a social media following for your creative brand.
1. Allison House’s HTML and CSS Coding Online Class ($39): Whether you’re building your own site from scratch or tweaking and updating your existing one, a little HTML and CSS knowledge goes a long way. This class will teach you everything you need to be up and running.
2. Irene Kim Shepherd’s How to Crush It on Instagram Online Class ($29): One thing that’s simply necessary for small business success these days is a solid social media presence. Instagram is an easy way to get your message out there, and this class will teach you all the secrets to drumming up a solid following.
3. Allison House’s Coding: From Web Page to Website Online Class ($39): It’s one thing to throw a web page up on the ‘net — it’s a whole other one entirely to turn it into a functional website. If you wanna get your hands dirty and tackle it yourself, Miss House is the lady for the job.
4. Lisa Fetterman’s Kickstart Your Business With Crowdfunding Online Class ($39): One of the glorious things about our modern age is that there are tons of ways to come across money for your business, and one of them is crowdfunding. It’s not always as easy as it might seem, but this class will make sure you kill it, no matter what your skill level.
5. Lindsay Ostrom’s Photography for Bloggers Online Class ($29): Forget paying a fancy-schmancy photographer to capture images for your website. Take high quality ones yourself after you’ve got this online class under your belt.
6. Sakura Cosidine’s Adobe Lightroom Online Class ($39): Once you have good images, there’s one more step: editing. Turn your good images into great ones with this how-to tutorial on Adobe Lightroom.
7. The Sorry Girls’s How to Build a Successful YouTube Channel Online ($39): Learn how to show the world what you (and your business) are all about through a killer YouTube channel.
What are your small business online essentials? Tell us about ’em on Twitter @BritandCo!