7 Easy Ways to Boost Your Small Business
From establishing your social media brand to designing your website, there’s a lot to navigate out there as a small business. Paying someone to execute for you will do anything but help you save money — especially when you’re on a budget. So why not give it a crack yourself? With these small business essentials, you’re just a couple of hours away from building your own website and growing a social media following for your creative brand.
1. Allison House’s HTML and CSS Coding Online Class ($39): Whether you’re building your own site from scratch or tweaking and updating your existing one, a little HTML and CSS knowledge goes a long way. This class will teach you everything you need to be up and running.
2. Irene Kim Shepherd’s How to Crush It on Instagram Online Class ($29): One thing that’s simply necessary for small business success these days is a solid social media presence. Instagram is an easy way to get your message out there, and this class will teach you all the secrets to drumming up a solid following.
3. Allison House’s Coding: From Web Page to Website Online Class ($39): It’s one thing to throw a web page up on the ‘net — it’s a whole other one entirely to turn it into a functional website. If you wanna get your hands dirty and tackle it yourself, Miss House is the lady for the job.
4. Lisa Fetterman’s Kickstart Your Business With Crowdfunding Online Class ($39): One of the glorious things about our modern age is that there are tons of ways to come across money for your business, and one of them is crowdfunding. It’s not always as easy as it might seem, but this class will make sure you kill it, no matter what your skill level.
5. Lindsay Ostrom’s Photography for Bloggers Online Class ($29): Forget paying a fancy-schmancy photographer to capture images for your website. Take high quality ones yourself after you’ve got this online class under your belt.
6. Sakura Cosidine’s Adobe Lightroom Online Class ($39): Once you have good images, there’s one more step: editing. Turn your good images into great ones with this how-to tutorial on Adobe Lightroom.
7. The Sorry Girls’s How to Build a Successful YouTube Channel Online ($39): Learn how to show the world what you (and your business) are all about through a killer YouTube channel.
What are your small business online essentials? Tell us about ’em on Twitter @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)