13 Savory Hand Pies to Make STAT
Pop Tarts and other sweet treats may be the first things that come to mind when you hear the phrase hand pie, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Here we’ve gathered up 13 personal-size that shake things up and skew toward the savory end of the spectrum. Because of their portability, each is ideal for your next picnic, but they’re certainly just as enjoyable eaten indoors!
1. Artichoke, Jalapeño and Bacon Hand Pies: Throw on the game, crack open a cold one and grab one of these hearty hand pies — football season just got way more enjoyable. (via 10th Kitchen)
3. Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Hand Pies: These precious pies are a terrific idea for Thanksgiving — serve them up as a starter or side. We bet they would also use up any leftover squash or even sweet potatoes from your feast quite nicely. (via Style Sweet CA)
6. Curry Puffs: Fans of samosas will really enjoy these savory puffs. Make your life easier by stocking your freezer with a big batch, and simply cook them up as the mood strikes. (via Seasaltwithfood)
8. Spinach-Artichoke Hand Pies: Tired of serving the same old spinach and artichoke dip? Mix things up by stuffing the good stuff between layers of pastry. (via Bakeaholic Mama)
11. Hand-Held Pot Pies: Now you can retire those TV dinner pot pies stuffed in the back of your freezer. These are are totally tailored to your individual tastes, and just as easy to enjoy while watching your favorite shows. (via Krista and Michele)
13. Kale and Sausage Hand Pies: No doubt, kale and sausage are a perfect match. A handful of chopped apples and raisins mixed in with the duo keeps things interesting, definitely an important part of any relationship. (via Martha Stewart)
If you had to choose, would you pick a sweet or savory pie to nibble on? Let us know your thoughts below!