24 Subscription Boxes for Every Type of Mom
Being a mom is full of so many precious life-changing moments, but it also comes with its fair share of challenges. For instance, when you constantly have an infant attached to your hip (and breast), it can be super difficult to find some much-needed mommy-only time. So since Mother’s Day is fast approaching, we thought we would celebrate the moms in our lives by giving them a gift that keeps giving. From trendy workout gear to blissful self-care goodies, here are 24 subscription boxes that will make any mom swoon.
1. Prime Book Box ($23/box): Reading to your kiddos is one of life’s greatest pleasures, but getting down to a bookstore as a new mom can quickly turn into an outing from hell. Recently, Amazon announced the release of their new Prime Book Box subscription service that delivers hand-picked children’s books every one, two, or three months. Each box contains two discounted hardcover books or four board books, and the box is customizable for different age ranges (from baby to 12 years old). Plus, we love that she can preview and tailor the books before she receives them!
2. Bluum ($34/month): This monthly subscription service is made for busy parents who want to discover new products for their babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. Each box includes four or more full-sized products (think toys, books, travel trays, etc.) curated based on her child’s birth date and gender.
3. 21 Bundles ($40+/month): Designed especially for pregnant women and new mommas, 21 Bundles delivers monthly bundles of natural products to help make raising a little one a little less stressful. Each box is tailored to her stage of pregnancy or her baby’s age and offers four to six full-sized products (plus, she’ll sometimes receive additional samples and travel size gifts too). The boxes often including skincare items, bath and body goodies, and wellness teas, making them a great gift for a new mom who’s adamant about only using nontoxic and chemical-free products.
4. Fittedtot ($20/box): You sat with your pregnant bestie while she planned out all of her baby’s outfits on her curated Pinterest board, but now that her bundle of joy is finally here, she’s finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with her baby’s Instagram-worthy style. Luckily, there’s a subscription service for that! Fittedtot is basically Stitch Fix for tots. After taking a quick style profile quiz for the baby, one of their Tot Stylists will curate a box full of trendy boutique clothing for her little one (sizes 3M to 5T). Each box has a $20 styling fee, but if you choose to pay for more than two items, the fee is credited to your order (the average price per item is $30).
5. Ecocentric Mom ($33/month): Calling all eco-friendly mommas! This fun environmentally conscious subscription box is packed to the brim with organic, natural, and eco-lifestyle products (think beauty, bath, pregnancy, baby, home, and snack). Every box is curated based on her due date or child’s birth date (up to four years old) and is guaranteed to contain at least four products.
6. Mommy Mailbox ($34+/month): It’s super important to schedule some mommy-only time to decompress from all the stresses of being a new mom — which is why the Mommy Mailbox subscription service is so perfect! Once a month, she’ll open the mail to find a box filled with four to six gifts including makeup, beauty, jewelry, treats, fashion, stationery, and more. Trust us, it’ll be a welcome pick-me-up to help get her through those rough days.
7. Bloomsy Box ($40+/month): Even if home décor is her thing, we can almost guarantee that most new moms won’t have the time to cut and style fresh flowers during their first few months of motherhood. Bloomsy Box is a subscription service that sends hand-picked fresh flowers from sustainable farms around the globe. Arriving in a specially designed box that won’t wilt or crush the flowers, this customizable flower subscription service will be a blooming success (sorry, we had to).
8. Mom Time Delivered ($30+/month): With monthly hand-picked goodies designed to help moms everywhere reclaim their “mom time,” Mom Time Delivered is the perfect subscription box to gift the busy mom in your life for Mother’s Day. With five to six items per box ranging from artisanal treats and teas to all-natural bath items, this themed box is definitely a winner. Plus, we love that they support small businesses and mompreneurs!
9. Home Made Luxe ($30+/month): While taking a bath and sipping on a cup of tea is a great way to relax, sometimes all moms really want to do is use their brains and create something. This cool subscription service helps anyone create Pinterest-inspired projects IRL by shipping out all the materials she needs to create one beautiful DIY project. From making beautiful gemstone soap bars to crafting a chic string art wall-hanging, it’s definitely a fun gift for the mom who loves to craft.
10. Vellabox ($10+/month): Who doesn’t love burning a delicious smelling candle? Once the kiddos are in bed and it’s safe to light a new candle, open up a Vellabox to uncover nontoxic hand-poured candles from American artisans. With three candle sizes available, it’s a great gift — especially if you’re working with a small budget.
Reading and Hobbies
11. Book of the Month ($15/month): With so many reading subscription services available today, it can sometimes be hard to tell if you’re really getting a good bang for your buck. What’s great about Book of the Month is that there are no gimmicks. Every month they select five new books and she gets to choose one. That’s it!
12. Cozy Reader Club ($65+/month): If you have a little extra money to spend and want to treat an avid reader with some fun extra goodies, Cozy Reader Club is an excellent option. With four to six items in every box (including one recently released hardcover novel), she’ll have everything she needs to cuddle up and enjoy some screaming-free alone time.
13. New Hobby Box ($30/month): Not sure what her favorite hobby is? This fun subscription box delivers everything you need to learn a brand new hobby every month. From learning the art of picking locks to taking up needle felting, this unique box definitely trumps binge-watching Netflix during her once-in-a-blue-moon night off.
14. My Garden Box ($39+/month): With illustrated instructions, simple garden care tips, and portioned ingredients, this well-curated subscription box lets anyone have a green thumb. Plus, each box comes with charming seasonal garden collections (both indoor and outdoor) so she’ll be able to keep her garden growing even in the dead of winter.
15. Cloth Paper Co. ($18+/month): Do you have or know a mom who is a stationery addict? If so, this beautiful subscription service is definitely a great option for Mother’s Day. With three different sized options available, each box offers a range of fancy pens, stationery, and planning goodies all packaged in a beautifully wrapped box.
Fashion and Accessories
16. Scentbird ($15/month): Give your mom the gift of something divinely aromatic with a Scentbird subscription. Each month subscribers get a 30-day supply of a designer fragrance of their choice. There are more than 450 designer and niche fragrances to choose from, so we guarantee she’ll be able to find something she loves.
17. Your Bijoux Box ($40/month): Is your mom always looking for the hottest jewelry to add to her collection? Each Bijoux Box contains three pieces of hand-curated jewelry that are always on trend. Along with the three fashionable jewelry items, the box also includes a handy note with styling tips.
18. Causebox ($50+/quarter): This quarterly subscription box is perfect for the new mom who wants to be socially conscious. Each season, members receive a curation of products from leading socially conscious brands (think art prints, beauty goodies, and fashion finds). Your leading lady will definitely feel like a queen with this subscription service come Mother’s Day.
19. Yoga Club ($80+/month): Although it’s one of the more expensive subscription services on our list, we highly recommend checking out Yoga Club if your mom loves all things fitness. After taking an interactive style quiz, one of the Yoga Club stylists will hand-select the best brand name athletic pieces for her according to her personality and fitness preferences. Not only does the box save you up to 50 percent off the total price of the gear, but it’s also super easy to exchange pieces that aren’t her fit or style (plus, they work with great brands like Free People and Gaiam).
Food and Wine
20. Hot Sauce of the Month Club ($13+/month): We’re feeling hot, hot, hot! If she’s the type of lady who always carries hot sauce in her purse, she’s going to love this artisanal hot sauce subscription service. Each box is hand curated by the experts, members get to choose their preferred heat level (mild, classic, or extra hot) and enjoy a wide variety of flavors and styles from award-winning chefs every month.
21. Try the World ($29+/month): While eating your way around the world is a goal for many, traveling with kids isn’t exactly a piece of cake. Give this globally conscious foodie the gift of a Try the World subscription, which offers seven to eight international gourmet delicacies every month. See, globetrotting with kids is easy-peasy!
22. Red Velvet NYC ($49+/month): Baking is one of her passions, but finding the time to pick up all the ingredients and research exciting new recipes is becoming increasingly difficult. Each month, Red Velvet NYC delivers two gourmet baking kits in one box, with all the pre-measured ingredients and a detailed recipe card. All she’ll need to have on hand are eggs and a big appetite!
23. VineOh! ($60/box): This quarterly subscription box is ideal for the mom who’s always reaching for a glass of wine. Along with two bottles (she can choose white, red, or mix), the box also includes five to six full-size products as an added treat. Cheers to you, Mom!
24. Simple Loose Leaf Tea ($9+/month): She’s tea-rrific! Every month this subscription service hand-selects four varieties of unique loose leaf tea, plus a few extra goodies. With delicious surprises waiting for her every month, this budget-friendly box is perfect for Mother’s Day.
What are you giving your mom for Mother’s Day? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.