10 Ways to Revitalize Your Living Room This Season
Guys, there’s just ONE month left until the official start of summer! To prepare, we’ve already bookmarked our favorite swimsuits, beauty hacks and snacks… can you tell we’re stoked? There’s one thing we haven’t checked off the list yet though, and that’s the living room. With so many summer shindigs on the calendar, it’s important to get the ol’ communal living space looking and feeling fresh and welcoming. Here are 10 simple ways to liven up the joint for the sunny days ahead.
3. Fresh Blossoms: It’s a well-known decorating trick that flowers instantly lift the mood of a room. Don’t just stop at bouquets — branches and floating blossoms will really bring the outdoors in. (via SF Girl by Bay)
4. Rearrange the Furniture: Style isn’t stagnant, and that applies to your home decor too. So why not shake things up a bit? Try turning the couches away from the TV and toward each other. It’ll be great for all those visitors you’ll be hosting. (via My Domaine)
5. Step Away from the TV: While we’re on the subject, it’s probably time to take a break from Netflix marathons. Now that the best primetime seasons are wrapping up, take the opportunity to turn off the TV for a while and get outdoors. Build a gallery wall around the screen to help it blend into the background, lest ye be tempted to binge. (via Lauren Haskett Fine Design)
6. Streak-Free Windows: Anyone with a toddler or dog knows that windows are a prime target for smudgy marks, and the sunshine streaming through the glass will just emphasize them. Try mixing up this simple solution of ammonia, rubbing alcohol and laundry detergent for homemade Windex. (via Little Ms. Robinson)
7. Fresh Air: Push aside those curtains, whip open all the windows and feel your mood instantly lift from the fresh air. Once the summer heat becomes too aggressive, you can still keep the room from getting stale by decorating with air-purifying plants. (via Wit & Whistle)
8. Dust, Dust, Dust: All that opening and closing of curtains is going to rustle up some serious dust. Tackle the situation with these DIY lemon-scented dusting cloths made from spare socks (really!). (via Hello Natural)
9. DIY Wood Floor Cleaner: We’ve definitely been pushing off our mopping duties in the living room, so now is as good a time as any to get those wood floors nice and shiny. The good news is you already have most of these materials in the closet. (via PopSugar)
How do you spruce up the living room for summer? Share your transition tips in the comments below!