The 20 Most Popular Beaches for Your 4th of July Picnic
The Fourth of July is coming, which means it’s time for flaunting your fashionable stars and stripes, trying out various versions of patriotic-flavored ice cream and, of course, some fun in the sun. If you happen to live by water, then lucky you, because (safely) soaking up the rays and dipping into the water will always be a favorite way to celebrate. That’s all the more true if you happen to live near Ocean Beach, La Jolla Cove, Laguna Beach or any others that made the list of the 20 most popular beaches in the US, which also just happen to be the perfect place for your Fourth of July picnic.
According to Swarm, the game-like check-in app from Foursquare, some beaches are much more popular than others (i.e. receiving more check-ins via the app), with 20 nabbing the top spots for sandy greatness. Granted, the numbers also reflect the population of the particular areas (just because it’s the busiest doesn’t always mean it’s the best), but since so many people seem to like it enough to throw down their blankets, it’s surely worth a trip. Whether you’re looking for lotsa sun, soft sand or playful waves, here are the top waterside lounging spots.
TOP 20 BEACHES IN THE UNITED STATES
1. Venice Beach (Venice, California)
2. Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk (Brooklyn, New York)
3. Ocean Beach (San Francisco, California)
4. Santa Monica State Beach (Santa Monica, California)
5. La Jolla Cove (La Jolla, California)
6. Miami Beach (Miami, Florida)
7. Waikīkī Beach (Honolulu, Hawaii)
8. Laguna Beach (Laguna Beach, California)
9. La Jolla Shores Beach (San Diego, California)
10. Baker Beach (San Francisco, California)
11. Coronado Beach (Coronado, California)
12. Siesta Key Beach (Sarasota, Florida)
13. Fort Lauderdale Beach (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
14. Clearwater Beach (Clearwater Beach, Florida)
15. Mission Beach (San Diego, California)
16. Pacific Beach (San Diego, California)
17. Manhattan Beach (Manhattan Beach, California)
18. Sunset Cliffs Natural Park (San Diego, California)
19. Carmel Beach City Park (Carmel, California)
20. Hollywood Beach (Hollywood, Florida)
Which beach is your favorite (whether it’s on the list or not) and why? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)