The BritList: A Handwriting Robot, Amethyst Hotel and More
It’s the day before the last day of the first month of the year (say that five times fast!) and we’re feeling splendid about 2015 so far. We’ve spent the month making and learning something brand new every single day in the form of our #31DaysofDIY series, and we’ve got our very first book, Homemakers, coming out in just over a month! Now, take a break from Super Bowl predictions and Valentine’s Day prep and feast your eyes on the weird, the beautiful and the innovative.
1. The Prettiest Candy-Colored Instagram Ever: If you haven’t started following @mattcrump on Instagram, it’s time to get on it. His candy-colored photographs seem to come from another dimension, and add a sense of calm and pretty pastel stillness to our Instagram feeds.
3. Dottie Umbrella ($28): Snowmageddon is the real deal for most of the country, but for us California dwellers, we’re all just hoping for a downpour of rain. Next time a thunderstorm hits, keep yourself equipped with this springy ‘brella.
5. An Amethyst Hotel: You read that right. NL Architects have conceptualized a series of quartz buildings cut in half to reveal that sparkly crystalline surface. Each hotel will be part of a scheme that includes quartz-style buildings in cities, on islands, along coastlines and more. Amazing.
6. Hungry Hippo Soup: Also known as the cutest bread and soup combo ever.
7. Ram & Row: Stylish side table, meet the rowing machine. We think you two are going to be life long friends. Though the price starts around $2,300, this would be a pretty awesome way to stay fit when you don’t have time to make it to the gym.
8. Your Wedding ($18): I mean, right?
10. Stamp Ring ($12): Yes. Love. No. Hi. YAY!