16 Ways to Make Tilapia the Star of Your Meal
During these hot and sweltering summer months, you crave certain things: Popsicles, lemonade and light refreshing dinners. Enter tilapia. High in good-for-you omega-3s and full of lean protein, it’s choice for a healthy meal. It’s also delicate and not overly “fishy” making it versatile enough to take on any flavors you throw at it. Asian? Check! Italian? No Problem! And if you needed more reasons, it’s super easy and quick to make! So whether you decide to blacken, bake, fry or steam, you can appeal to everyone’s palate with these 16 easy tilapia recipes.
2. Grilled Tilapia With Lemon Butter, Capers and Orzo: You had us at lemon butter, Bobby Flay. If you’re looking for an alternative to rice, orzo is a great option. (via Food Network)
6. Tilapia Tots: Indulge in two of your favorite childhood treats at once with this fish-stick and tater tot combo. And while this may look rich and heavy, these little bites are actually baked (using a cake pop machine — genius!) and not fried. (via 24/7 Low Carb Diner)
7. Spicy Tilapia With Linguine: Add a little kick to a basic pasta with this spicy tilapia linguine. The light tastes of basil and tomato make it perfect for a summer time family meal. (via Garnish With Lemon)
8. Blackened Cajun Tilapia Po’ Boys With Remoulade: Bring home some flavors of Louisiana with this mouthwatering tilapia po’ boy, complete with remoulade and mango-habenero coleslaw (yum!). (via Tattooed Martha)
9. Grilled Tilapia Taco Wraps: Tortilla wraps are a perfect way to make quick, easy lunches. Filled with cucumber, tomato, avocado and pineapple salsa, this one has all our favorite flavors of summer. (via Life Made Sweeter)
11. Tilapia With Thai Coconut Curry: Take a trip to the tropics with this Thai-inspired coconut curry tilapia. Packed with ginger, cilantro, cumin and other delicious spices, this curry is reminiscent of island living. (via Windy Kitchen)
13. Fish Baked en Papillote With a French Vinaigrette: En papillote means “in parchment” and is a great way to cook all kinds of fish and chicken. But don’t let the fancy name fool you, this dish is super easy to make and bound to impress people with your French cooking skills. (via Cook Smarts)
14. Filet o’ Fish and Fries Burger Recipe: As much as we don’t like to admit it, McDonalds Filet o’ Fish was the BOMB growing up. Recreate a childhood favorite with this fish burger topped with matchstick fries (we also may start topping all our burgers with fries from now on!). (via I am a Food Blog)
15. Pan Fried Cajun Tilapia: If you love spicy food, this pan-fried tilapia is the one for you. Topped with spicy cajun seasoning and a hot sauce sour cream combo, this is one dynamite dish. (via I Wash You Dry)
16. Tilapia With Cauliflower Puree and Maple-Cranberry Sauce: This combination of flavors sounds just like a Thanksgiving dinner, which is always something we can get on board with. (via Spry Living)
Which of these delicious recipes will you be cooking up next? What are some of your other favorite ways to cook tilapia? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)