17 Popsicle Recipes That Use Fruits, Booze, Veggies + MORE
Few things are more refreshing than an ice cold sweet treat on a hot summer day, especially one that’s on a stick. Enter the popsicle, a staple from childhood that only gets better with age. Popsicles quench, they’re super easy to make and they’ll bring out your creative culinary side to boot. Need proof? These 17 popsicle recipes are packed with fruits, veggies, booze and even candy! So take a look, then have a lick… you just might find yourself looking forward to the next heat wave.
1. Green Juice Pops: Have you jumped on the green juice bandwagon yet? There’s no better time than now, and no better way than with this veggie-packed, antioxidant-rich frozen alternative. (via Just a Taste)
2. Gummy Bear Pops: These are guaranteed to be a hit with the kids (even if those “misleading Pinterest pics” the Internet loves so much above will look more like these IRL ;). Pro tip: To also please the parents, make a separate batch with gummy bears that have been soaked in vodka. (via DIY Queen)
3. Coffee Popsicles: Forget your cup o’ joe. Start your day with a caffeine jolt on a stick, or opt for these energizing pops when your afternoon needs a little pick me up. (via Coffee Cups and Crayons)
7. Brownies and Milk Popsicles: There’s nothing quite like a rich bite of brownie and a refreshing swig of milk — unless said bite and swig are frozen together in what we can only declare as the most decadent popsicle ever. (via Lady and Pups)
8. Vegan Chocolate Popsicles With Roasted Almonds: Avocado goes well with everything, right? Case in point: these vegan pops that get their rich and creamy flavor from our favorite green superfood. (via Zizi Adventures)
16. Smoothie Popsicles: Are your mornings too busy for breakfast? Spend 10 minutes over the weekend making a smoothie and freezing them — you’ll have breakfast on-the-go all week long. (via My Life and Kids)
17. Freeze Pops: Thanks to Zipzicles, we can now make our own freeze pops. And there’s more… upgrade the bar scene at your next summer cocktail party with frozen mixed drink popsicles. (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to jump on the popsicle bandwagon? Pick up a Zoku Quick Pop Maker, pick your favorite recipe from the 17 above, and then tell us about your homemade frozen pops below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!