17 Popsicle Recipes That Use Fruits, Booze, Veggies + MORE
Few things are more refreshing than an ice cold sweet treat on a hot summer day, especially one that’s on a stick. Enter the popsicle, a staple from childhood that only gets better with age. Popsicles quench, they’re super easy to make and they’ll bring out your creative culinary side to boot. Need proof? These 17 popsicle recipes are packed with fruits, veggies, booze and even candy! So take a look, then have a lick… you just might find yourself looking forward to the next heat wave.
1. Green Juice Pops: Have you jumped on the green juice bandwagon yet? There’s no better time than now, and no better way than with this veggie-packed, antioxidant-rich frozen alternative. (via Just a Taste)
2. Gummy Bear Pops: These are guaranteed to be a hit with the kids (even if those “misleading Pinterest pics” the Internet loves so much above will look more like these IRL ;). Pro tip: To also please the parents, make a separate batch with gummy bears that have been soaked in vodka. (via DIY Queen)
3. Coffee Popsicles: Forget your cup o’ joe. Start your day with a caffeine jolt on a stick, or opt for these energizing pops when your afternoon needs a little pick me up. (via Coffee Cups and Crayons)
7. Brownies and Milk Popsicles: There’s nothing quite like a rich bite of brownie and a refreshing swig of milk — unless said bite and swig are frozen together in what we can only declare as the most decadent popsicle ever. (via Lady and Pups)
8. Vegan Chocolate Popsicles With Roasted Almonds: Avocado goes well with everything, right? Case in point: these vegan pops that get their rich and creamy flavor from our favorite green superfood. (via Zizi Adventures)
16. Smoothie Popsicles: Are your mornings too busy for breakfast? Spend 10 minutes over the weekend making a smoothie and freezing them — you’ll have breakfast on-the-go all week long. (via My Life and Kids)
17. Freeze Pops: Thanks to Zipzicles, we can now make our own freeze pops. And there’s more… upgrade the bar scene at your next summer cocktail party with frozen mixed drink popsicles. (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to jump on the popsicle bandwagon? Pick up a Zoku Quick Pop Maker, pick your favorite recipe from the 17 above, and then tell us about your homemade frozen pops below!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.