17 Popsicle Recipes That Use Fruits, Booze, Veggies + MORE
Few things are more refreshing than an ice cold sweet treat on a hot summer day, especially one that’s on a stick. Enter the popsicle, a staple from childhood that only gets better with age. Popsicles quench, they’re super easy to make and they’ll bring out your creative culinary side to boot. Need proof? These 17 popsicle recipes are packed with fruits, veggies, booze and even candy! So take a look, then have a lick… you just might find yourself looking forward to the next heat wave.
1. Green Juice Pops: Have you jumped on the green juice bandwagon yet? There’s no better time than now, and no better way than with this veggie-packed, antioxidant-rich frozen alternative. (via Just a Taste)
2. Gummy Bear Pops: These are guaranteed to be a hit with the kids (even if those “misleading Pinterest pics” the Internet loves so much above will look more like these IRL ;). Pro tip: To also please the parents, make a separate batch with gummy bears that have been soaked in vodka. (via DIY Queen)
3. Coffee Popsicles: Forget your cup o’ joe. Start your day with a caffeine jolt on a stick, or opt for these energizing pops when your afternoon needs a little pick me up. (via Coffee Cups and Crayons)
4. Lemonade Cucumber Spa Pop: What’s more refreshing than lemonade and cucumber? Oh right, lemonade and cucumber as a spa pop. Now all we need is the spa… (via Family Fresh Cooking)
7. Brownies and Milk Popsicles: There’s nothing quite like a rich bite of brownie and a refreshing swig of milk — unless said bite and swig are frozen together in what we can only declare as the most decadent popsicle ever. (via Lady and Pups)
8. Vegan Chocolate Popsicles With Roasted Almonds: Avocado goes well with everything, right? Case in point: these vegan pops that get their rich and creamy flavor from our favorite green superfood. (via Zizi Adventures)
12. Roasted Sweet Corn Popsicles: We’re all about savory twists on classic treats, and think this one takes the cake — err, popsicle. (via Kiran Tarun)
15. Pink Lemonade Popsicles: Don’t you wish you’d thought of these for your childhood lemonade stands? We seriously could have made a killing! (via Somewhere Splendid)
16. Smoothie Popsicles: Are your mornings too busy for breakfast? Spend 10 minutes over the weekend making a smoothie and freezing them — you’ll have breakfast on-the-go all week long. (via My Life and Kids)
17. Freeze Pops: Thanks to Zipzicles, we can now make our own freeze pops. And there’s more… upgrade the bar scene at your next summer cocktail party with frozen mixed drink popsicles. (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to jump on the popsicle bandwagon? Pick up a Zoku Quick Pop Maker, pick your favorite recipe from the 17 above, and then tell us about your homemade frozen pops below!