Summer is the ideal time to go the au natural route with your beauty routine. Forget foundation (it’s all about lightweight formulas that let our skin breathe), and don’t even think about breaking out those hair tools (embrace air-dried styles, y’all), because this season, less is more. Tinted moisturizers make the perfect summertime skincare product because they’re often packed with SPF and feel weightless, which is key for hot, humid weather. Take a look at our nine picks for the best tinted moisturizers for summer.
1. Cetaphil Redness Relieving Daily Facial Moisturizer ($16): If you’re suffering from summer skin that’s slightly more red than usual, consider amping up your routine with a tinted moisturizer that will calm and protect your face. The velvety feel of this barely hued moisturizer will soothe your irritated skin while covering up any discoloration.
2. Origins GinZing SPF 40 Energy-Boosting Tinted Moisturizer ($38): Perk up your complexion with an infusion of caffeine from coffee that’ll keep everything tight and right. The sheer color acts like an Instagram filter, blurring imperfections and giving you a flawless finish.
3. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Origin Work It! Marathonista Tinted Moisturizer SPF 40 ($15): Apply this long-wearing hydrator/protector hybrid and you’ll be set for anything summer throws your way, including a dip in the pool.
4. PUR 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($35): This primer, foundation, moisturizer, and sun protector is perf for that no-makeup makeup look. Your skin’s renewal process is amped up with a ceretin complex which, over time, heals damage and brings out your freshest face.
5. E.L.F. Cosmetics Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($3): Soothing cucumber repairs irritation (sunburn, anyone?) while vitamins A, C, and E nourish and hydrate. The featherweight coverage is just what you need when you’re looking to even out your skin tone but don’t want a full face of makeup.
6. Dermalogica Sheer Tint SPF 20 ($47): Plump up fine lines and smooth out rough texture with this summertime savior. Light-diffusing ingredients hide blemishes and hyaluronic acid ensures your skin is able to soak up every bit of moisture this product offers. If you’re showing signs of dehydration and aging, this treatment will be your go-to.
7. Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($36): This light-as-air, water-based formula glides on like a dream, coating the skin in a mineral-infused tint that gives you a gorgeous glow. The clay-packed option helps to balance out sebum production while also removing it from the surface of your face.
8. Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 43 ($33): Rose apple leaf extract works to stop environmental aggressors in their tracks, while SPF 43 protects skin from UV rays in this sheer-tinted cream.
9. Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm ($58): Slather on this insanely rich water-in-oil balm and let your best skin shine through. It’s best for very dry, rough skin that’s in need of a super emollient blend and a touch of coverage.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.