If the words “tray table” make you think of those rickety pieces covered in antique floral patterns, you definitely need to re-assess. Long gone are the days when tray tables were just used for TV dinner. Now they are super versatile, stylish and so much fun to decorate. Compact and multi-functional, these little tables are the ultimate entertaining accessory with a removable tray for snacks that can also be dressed up with books and flowers. Whether you’re looking for an inexpensive bedside table, something small for your living room or you want an alternative for that trending bar cart, we’ve found 19 amazing tables for you to check out!
1. Solid Steel Tray Table ($200): The space next to a couch can be hard to decorate since you don’t want anything too bulky. This minimalist table is perfect for any sized space and won’t overwhelm the room. We love the idea of a tray within a tray where you can set up a little still life of decorative items.
2. White Fretwork Tray Table ($425): This dainty little table has a mirrored top for an extra bit of drama. It’s the perfect size to set up as a bar cart or just as a side table in an entry with a pretty lamp and a bouquet of flowers.
3. Olita Side Table ($949): Mix things up with this eccentric accent table that combines a faux leather tray with a golden base for a look that’s subtle enough to have one on either side of the couch.
4. DIY Lucite Tray Table: Is there anything more gorgeous than a lucite table? We didn’t think so, which is why we decided to DIY our own tray table for only $60! We painted our base gold, but you could also play around with neon colors or some paint dipped legs. (via Brit + Co)
5. Casa Midy Copper Tray Table (price upon request): Available in several different finishes like copper, bronze, silver and black, this round table will fit into any decor. The mirror top will reflect any floral arrangement you choose to display on it.
6. Colorful Side Table ($129): This bright table is definitely all fun! Bold and modern, this table would look right at home by your bed or in your lounging space.
7. Simply Versatile: Take the tray table to a more versatile place by just placing a wooden tray on top of the ottoman or coffee table you already have. It sets apart a little space for a display vignette or it can be used for drinks when you’re entertaining. (via Decorology)
8. Gergeti Coffee Table (price upon request): Modern and multi-functional, this tray table takes the “tray” part to a literal level. The whole wooden top of this table — flower vase included! — removes from the legs to make this the ideal “breakfast in bed” piece of furniture.
9. Habibi Tray Table (price upon request): Each of these handmade tray tables is unique and purposefully left untreated by chemicals to allow the natural oxidation process to create a beautiful patina. The tray is removable so you can wow all your guests with a one-of-a-kind presentation.
10. Mirrored Tall Tray Stand ($170): Not only is this metallic table a complete showstopper, it also knows how to handle a crowd! Use it to display appetizers or drinks.
11. Flip Around Tray Table (price upon request): You guys know we love our multi-functional pieces of furniture, and this little guy is super trendy. Need a tray? Just take it off the stand. Need a stool? Flip the tray over and take a seat!
12. Multi-layered Storage Table ($69): What’s better than a tray table? How about a three-in-one tray table! Stack and store as you need with three colorful, interlocking sections.
13. Low Butler Stand ($80): If you’re looking for more of a morning routine table than an evening entertaining table, this low coffee table would be perfect for holding coffee, books and the newspaper.
14. Gold Mirrored Butler Tray ($90): Think outside the square with this delicate table. We’d buy the table just for the pretty tray! And it folds up neatly if you need some extra space.
15. Round Coffee Table (price upon request): Clean lines and retro colors make this table an elegant addition to any room. The lacquered tray comes in mustard, taupe and white, so you’re sure to find a color that fits your mood.
16. Treetop Breakfast Tray ($75): Go a little vintage with this distressed metal table. The patterned paper on the top adds a fun bit of color and flair.
17. Teak Tray Table ($200): Get double the trouble with two gorgeous wooden trays that nestle into a table. Now, if you take a tray away for entertaining or display, you’re not just left with an empty table stand!
18. Tray Bar Table ($600): A tray table and bar cart combo may be the best idea ever. This little bar cart gets around thanks to some wheels, and the top tray is removable for easy access to the second layer of bottles and ice.
19. Laguna Tray Side Table ($180): Take a cue from the warm tropics and add some natural texture to your home with this rattan table. Guaranteed to bring some relaxation, this coastal-inspired look has leather handles to make carrying breakfast to bed even easier.