21 Googly-Eye Thanksgiving Turkey Treats That Are (Almost) Too Cute to Eat
Thanksgiving is almost here and, naturally, our thoughts turn to food 24/7. Whether you’ll be attending a traditional Thanksgiving dinner or a laid-back Friendsgiving, hilarious turkey-shaped dishes would be a welcome addition to the table. But if you really want to be everyone’s BFF, you can’t go wrong with a sweet treat. Sure, there are some absolutely adorable turkey-inspired desserts out there, but the comical turkey faces below are *even better.* Here are 21 adorable candy-decorated turkey treats that are guaranteed to be the star of the dessert table.
1. Reese’s Turkeys: These cute little guys could not be easier to pull off, now that so many grocery stores are stocking googly eyes in the baking aisle. With two sizes of peanut butter cups plus colorful peanut butter candies, they’re a chocolate-peanut butter bonanza! (via Mom on Timeout)
2. Wide-Eyed Turkey Cupcakes: Oh em gee — if Mr. Magoo was a turkey, he’d look like this. And, yes, those bug eyes are two Oreo cookies, cream side up, so it’s doubly yummy. Better make a double batch, because they’ll go fast. (via Bitz & Giggles)
3. Turkey Conecakes: These colorful little guys with the Swedish Fish “tails” are nesting on a crispy sugar cone. Between the chocolate fudge, candy, icing and cone, every bite is a sweet, creamy, crunchy delight. (via Tonya Staab)
4. Pretzel Turkeys: What’s better than a salted dark chocolate snack? One that comes in the shape of the most festive Turkey Day treat. Make sure you put aside just a few for next week’s lunch box; you’ll be thanking yourself later. (via Frugal Coupon Living)
5. Brownie Candy Turkeys: This recipe is so easy, it would make an awesome kids’ craft. You can make them from any boxed brownie mix, and the candy decorations stick right into the frosting. The toughest part is keeping little fingers out of the candy corns. (via Crazy for Crust)
6. Mini Chocolate Cheesecake Turkeys: Some guests will find Thanksgiving cheesecake a welcome change from the usual pumpkin desserts. This filling can be made ahead and keeps for almost a week in the fridge, until you’re ready to break out the candy decorations. (via Hungry Happenings)
7. Turkey Nutter Butter Cookies: This one’s for all the Nutter Butter fans in the house! These dark cocoa-dipped cuties are so delicious, they’ll raise the bar on your cookie cravings forever. (via Frugal Coupon Living)
8. Thanksgiving Turkey Pretzel Treats: This one will earn you the *coolest mom* prize — even if you don’t have kids. Click through for the recipe for homemade googly eyes, or swap in some ready-mades. It’s ALL good. (via Self Proclaimed Foodie)
10. Chocolate Turkey Pretzel Pops: Colorful fondant leaves make perfect turkey feathers on these chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks. They’ll keep for a long time, so bring leftovers to the office to combat that 4pm post-holiday energy slump. (via Hungry Happenings)
11. Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies: These little cuties are so festive, yet super easy to pull off. Jump-start your recipe with a ready-to-bake roll of sugar cookie dough. Lazy girl for the win! (via Pillsbury)
12. Thanksgiving Pretzel Turkeys: They may look super sweet, but there’s portion control baked into these treats. Each little bite clocks in at under 100 calories, so go ahead and indulge. (via Mommy Octopus)
14. Easy Turkey Cookies for Thanksgiving: This easy-peasy candy craft calls for just four items: butter cookies, chocolate frosting, candy-coated sunflower seeds and googly eyes. It’s a low-effort, high-impact dessert that’s sure to impress your friends. (via The Decorated Cookie)
16. Turkey Rice Krispie Treats: Even if you’re not super crafty, you’ll find these Krispie treats easy to pull together. Bonus: When you cut out the rounds, you get to eat the trimmings! (via Shugary Sweets)
19. Easy Nutter Butter Turkeys: Nutter Butter cookies make the perfect turkey body. Click through for the recipe for royal frosting, or jump-start your project with a store-bought version. (via The Frugal Mom)
20. Turkey Pies: These little individual turkey pies can be made using your fave fillings — cherry, apple, even pumpkin. But the stars of the show are the little pretzel-chip turkey heads. They’re so cute and delicious, they’d work as a standalone snack. (via Worth Pinning)
If you love love love these fun turkey treats, follow us on Pinterest for more.
- 15 Thanksgiving Cheesecake Recipes That Will Make You Say Bye ... ›
- 18 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes Guests Will Want to Gobble Up ... ›
- 20 Easy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes You'll Be Thankful Are Not ... ›
- 13 Thanksgiving Desserts You Won't Believe Are Healthy - Brit + Co ›
- 16 No-Bake Thanksgiving Desserts to Give Your Oven a Break - Brit ... ›
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!