13 Thanksgiving Desserts You Won’t Believe Are Healthy
Between the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the rolls and the green bean casserole, it’s quite the feat when you manage to leave room for pumpkin pie after a Thanksgiving feast. Luckily, dessert options that are healthy AND delicious run rampant, and you’ll want to make sure to save some room for a bite of each. From Paleo pies to dairy-free ice cream, here are 13 recipes to please everyone at your table, regardless of their diet.
2. Mini Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Candy Peanut Butter Cups: Who said Thanksgiving dessert had to be pie? Snack on these DIY fancy Reese’s while you play games after dinner. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Pumpkin Pie Parfait With Coconut Whipped Cream: The most “difficult” part of this recipe is the 24-hour wait to dig in, but don’t worry — this layered gluten-free and vegan dessert is a great way to tap into your creative skills. (via Natural Girl Modern World)
4. Spiralized Apple Crumble: Instead of spending all your time chopping apples for a Thanksgiving dessert, cut your time in half by spiralizing them for a quick and healthy apple crumble. It’s sure to be a huge hit and is *totally* Instagram worthy. (via The Healthy Maven)
5. No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake With Gingersnap Pecan Crust: Make these a few days in advance to take the stress out of Thanksgiving dinner. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
9. Maple Cupcakes With Pumpkin Pie Frosting: No one will guess that these cupcakes are healthy AND gluten-free. Serving cupcakes will keep you from having to wash extra plates and forks, too. (via Amy’s Healthy Baking)
10. Paleo Pumpkin Pie: Traditional pumpkin pie isn’t gluten-free or paleo. Swap it out for a pie that’s free of dairy and refined sugar, and healthy enough to have for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving. (via Bakerita)
11. Cocoa Banana Ice Cream Turkeys: Banana ice cream is vegan and gluten-free, and won’t have you missing traditional pumpkin pie. You can have your turkey and eat it too with this adorable dessert, no matter if you’re a carnivore or not. (via Hungry Happenings)
13. Vegan Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes: Can you believe raw, vegan cheesecake is a thing? These are perfect for a treat everyone can enjoy, no matter what kind of diet they may follow. (via Clean Raw Living)
Do you plan on making a healthier dessert for Thanksgiving this year? Tell us what you’re making in the comments!