16 Turkey-Inspired Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes the Kids Will Love
Who doesn’t remember sitting at the kids’ table during Thanksgiving dinner, coloring with your cousins and daydreaming about dessert? No matter how long ago that was, you can bring the same fun spirit to this year’s celebration by trying out one of these turkey-inspired Thanksgiving dessert recipes. From Nutter Butter-topped cupcakes to decadent chocolate truffles, these 16 bites will add a non-traditional touch to any Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving get-together. Serve them at the youngsters’ table or send some home as fab favors the kids (and kids at heart!) can “gobble gobble” later.
4. Turkey Cookie Platter: What could be prettier than individual cookies arranged on a plate to create a vibrant Tom the Turkey? Just don’t forget to snap a picture before everyone begins digging in. (via The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle)
5. Pumpkin Ganache-Filled Turkey Truffles: With a leaf-patterned tablecloth and chocolate turkey truffles greeting guests, you’ll be all set for hosting a stylish fall fete. You can also add autumn-inspired place cards as a pretty finishing touch. (via Hungry Happenings)
6. Chocolate Rice Cereal Turkeys: Cookies, pie, mashed potatoes, rolls… With so many indulgent eats on the table, it doesn’t hurt to give kids something a bit healthier to munch on. Featuring a chocolate rice cereal body, apple slice and pecan feathers, and even a carrot nose and feet, this tiny turkey will definitely delight. (via My San Francisco Kitchen)
7. Turkey Rice Krispies Treats: Looking for a unique treat you can pack in kids’ lunches or send to school for a classroom Thanksgiving party? Complete with chocolate wafer faces and candy corn feathers, these turkey-inspired Rice Krispies snacks are a guaranteed hit. (via Shugary Sweets)
9. Turkey Sugar Cookies: Kick off the holiday season by serving some spectacular sugar cookies. These bright beauties make for a simple rainy day project you and the kids can tackle together. (via Betty Crocker)
10. Mini Chocolate Cheesecake Turkeys: Why let pumpkin and apple pie steal the spotlight? Change things up by passing around chocolate cheesecake bites, featuring adorable graham cracker turkey feathers. (via Hungry Happenings)
14. Oreo Turkeys: Are these Oreo and Reese’s turkeys amazing or what? Serve them alongside marshmallow pilgrim hats — instructions available via the link — for a Thanksgiving dessert spread that’s truly dressed to impress. (via Our Best Bites)
15. Cocoa Banana Ice Cream Turkeys: Sorry, Ben and Jerry’s. Made using frozen bananas, cocoa powder, almond milk and peanut butter, these ice cream scoops deliver a healthier, but still delicious, dessert. (via Hungry Happenings)
Which of these turkey-inspired goodies will you be tossing together? Start dishing below.
(Featured photo via Make Bake Celebrate)