15 Romantically Simple Pasta Dinners That Scream “That’s Amore!”
Italian food boasts romance, especially pasta. Do we even need to mention that *famous* spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp? One of the best things about it is that you can achieve elegance through simplicity. After all, no one should be burdened with the stresses of stuffing meat or working with seafood they’ve never cooked before on Valentine’s Day. These 15 tantalizing pasta dinners are the perfect way to let someone know they’re special without breaking a sweat in the process.
1. Linguini With Meyer Lemon Mascarpone Sauce: It’s a dreary time of year, and Valentine’s dinner is the perfect excuse to brighten things up with this citrusy pasta dish. This recipe is creamy, herbaceous, lemony and salty all on one plate and is ready to impress. (via The Hanging Spoon)
2. Balsamic Orecchiette With Spinach, Craisins and Feta: If you’re feeling a little nervous about cooking for someone special, this tasty 15-minute recipe will save you. (via Pumpkin and Peanut Butter)
3. One-Pot Seafood Pasta: If you’re looking for something elegant yet doable, look no further. This simple 30-minute dish brings tender shrimp, clams and buttery scallops to the plate. (via Rasa Malaysia)
4. Easy Spaghetti Meat Sauce: Getting fancy with pasta is exciting and all, but sometimes it’s nice to appreciate a classic, especially when cooking for new people who might not be as adventurous. This recipe tops spaghetti with a simple meat sauce that’s guaranteed to be a hit. (via Sweet and Savory Pursuits)
7. Pasta Skillet With Chicken Sausage, Cheese and Spinach: This charming skillet pasta is jam-packed with goodies and huge on flavor. Penne is cooked along with chicken sausage and veggies, then topped with mounds of mozzarella. Who said a cheesy romantic was a bad thing? (via Simply Recipes)
8. Basil, Charred Sweet Corn, Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Pasta: It’s easy to win over someone’s heart with pillowy Buffalo mozzarella, let alone when it’s tossed into a glorious pasta dish. Simplicity is key here, allowing all of those swoon-worthy flavors to shine in all of their freshness. (via The Healthy Hunter)
9. Lemony Chicken Pasta With Garlic Roasted Artichokes: This pasta is so flavorful, dinner time just *might* be completely silent due to intense gobbling. Sun-dried tomatoes, garlicky roasted artichokes and juicy olives bring zest and tang to this hearty option. (via Veggies by Candlelight)
11. Easy Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio: Dinner reservations didn’t go as planned, and now you’re stuck scrambling for a romantic dinner idea last minute. Don’t fret; this incredibly easy and absolutely delicious dish is a breeze to put together. The best part, you probably have the ingredients in your pantry right now. (via The Iron You)
12. Tagliatelle Alla Puttanesca: If you’ve never had a pasta al la puttanesca before, we urge you to give it a shot. This sauce is simple to make, but it boasts complex flavors thanks to finely chopped anchovies and Kalamata olives. (via Cravings in Amsterdam)
13. Linguini With Clams: This chic dinner tosses linguini with tender little clams, mounds of fresh herbs and tons of garlic. This one may be best for those couples out there that share a mutual obsession with garlic, or kissing may be postponed. (via What’s Gabby Cooking)
14. Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Broccoli Rabe and Garlic Sage Butter Sauce: This, right here, is what dreams are made of. Pillowy sweet potato gnocchi is pan-seared to a golden crisp while being tossed around in a garlicky sage butter that other butter sauce just can’t compete with. (via Pinch of Yum)
15. Salmon, Fennel and Pea Pasta: If you’re tired of winter and tired of heavy dishes that weigh you down, look here! With perfectly flaked salmon, sweet peas and fennel, this lightened-up pasta brings some serious spring vibes to the plate. (via The Healthy Hunter)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + elegant dinner inspo!