12 Ways to Style Your Bangs in 2015
Bangs aren’t anything new, but they can totally change your whole look in an instant. Whether you’ve been rockin’ them for years or are new to the club, everyone who’s ever had ’em knows it can get boring with the same old hairdo every day. But have no fear! We’ve found great styles for all kinds of bangs — short, medium and long. Check out these 12 fun, chic ways to wear your bangs this year and get ready to be hair-spired.
1. Blunt Bangs: If you’re serious about getting bangs, these blunt-cut ones make a bold statement. Flat iron the ends under slightly in the morning and set with a lightweight hairspray to make sure your they stay in place all day (without turning into a hard, crusty helmet). (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Side Bangs: Not into having that much hair in your face? Swoop your those locks over for a more polished look. Blow dry them for volume, brush ’em to the side and add a good amount of hairspray for an all-day (and night) hold. (Photo via Ilya S. Savenok/Getty)
3. Front Roll: If your bangs are on the longer side, this is a great way to add a little retro flair for a night out. Just tease the roots, roll and pin for an instant vixen transformation. (via Barefoot Blonde)
4. Curly Bangs: It’s time to embrace the curl ALL over. Get these playful curls by winding small sections of hair around a thin curling iron and holding them in place until they are super defined and tight. (Photo via Bryan Bedder/Getty)
5. Inverted Bang Braid: This one’s for you gals with long-ish bangs. While the front braid has been around for a while, this one is great ’cause it doesn’t pull all that hair away from your forehead. Plus, the style looks best as the day goes on and things get a little messy. (via Twist Me Pretty)
6. Eye Grazing: If you can get over the feeling of having something in front of your face all day, these are excellent because there’s no wrong way for them to lay — so they always look great. (via Oh Joy)
8. Parted: Not every change has to be drastic and life altering — sometimes, just parting your bangs right after your morning shower can put a whole new perspective on your day. (Photo via Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty)
10. Cascading Swoop: We think Ri-Ri is pretty much the queen of hair, and here’s another case to prove our point. Just use a blow dryer and a wide brush to get this cascading swoop bang that’s oh-so-romantic. It might just be the perfect ‘do for this Valentine’s Day. (Photo via Jason Kempin/Getty)
12. Soft Swoop: For mid-length to long bangs, the soft swoop is your best bet. Perfectly sculpted, this style will transition from work to cocktail hour, no sweat. Simply use your hot iron to curl away from your face and add lightweight hairspray for a natural, flowy hold. (via The Small Things Blog)
Which style will help you start out the new year with a bang? Talk to us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)