15 Ways to Wear Bangs While They Grow Out
You and your fringe had a great fling, but now it’s time to part ways. We’ve helped you master the classic styles for growing out your bangs, and now we’re back with more. Whether you’re well on your way to saying goodbye — or you’re considering cutting new bangs — here are 15 chic styles to prove that transitioning doesn’t have to be a downer.
1. Gel It Back: For a polished yet fun and unique look, grab your hair gel, and opt for a slicked back ‘do like Tavi Gevinson. For extra hold, you can give your bangs a spritz with hairspray, because those hairs need to be kept in place! (via Nylon)
2. Pulled Back Top Knot: Depending on how long your bangs are, pulling them back into a topknot is a good option. If you need to bobby pin some hairs back, cover them up with a hair bow that compliments your outfit. The messier, the trendier! (via Louise Roe)
3. Chevron Bobby Pins: Turn your hair struggle into the main attraction of your look by using different colored bobby pins to hold your tresses back. If you’re feeling a little extra, you can even place them in a cute chevron design. Adorbs! (via Cosmopolitan)
4. Flower Crown: Depending on the occasion, you can totally get away with hiding your bangs with a flower crown. Whether it’s your wedding, a spring event, or a photoshoot, it’s a seriously beautiful way to keep mid-length bangs out of your face. (via Etsy)
5. Mini French Twist: There will be absolutely no pesky hairs flying around in your face after you style up a tight, mini French twist like this. You can even incorporate some little flowers or baby’s breath to make this look a bit more polished and elegant. (via Elle)
9. Head Scarf: This style is a two-for-one, not only can you tuck away your bangs, but you can add a splash of color to your #ootd. Pair with tousled waves and secure with bobby pins. You’re ready to go! (via Hair Niche)
11. Mix Up Your Part: Tired of pulling and pinning bangs back? Change it up with an angular part and straight locks. Starting from the front and center, simply part to an extreme angle and blow dry towards the back of your head. (via Zimbio)
15. Blow Dry the Perfect Side-Sweep: With this technique, you can pull off a loose and casual style each day you wash. All you’ll need is a round brush, a blast of heat and a touch of hair spray. (via Moda Mob)
17. Geo Accessories: When you’re growing out your bangs, bobby pins are both your best friend and worst enemy. Spice up the routine by tricking out your pins and using them to create fun geometric shapes. (via Brit + Co.)
Have more ideas to get away with growing them out? Share your hair hacks in the comments!