15 Ways to Wear Bangs While They Grow Out
You and your fringe had a great fling, but now it’s time to part ways. We’ve helped you master the classic styles for growing out your bangs, and now we’re back with more. Whether you’re well on your way to saying goodbye — or you’re considering cutting new bangs — here are 15 chic styles to prove that transitioning doesn’t have to be a downer.
1. Gel It Back: For a polished yet fun and unique look, grab your hair gel, and opt for a slicked back ‘do like Tavi Gevinson. For extra hold, you can give your bangs a spritz with hairspray, because those hairs need to be kept in place! (via Nylon)
2. Pulled Back Top Knot: Depending on how long your bangs are, pulling them back into a topknot is a good option. If you need to bobby pin some hairs back, cover them up with a hair bow that compliments your outfit. The messier, the trendier! (via Louise Roe)
3. Chevron Bobby Pins: Turn your hair struggle into the main attraction of your look by using different colored bobby pins to hold your tresses back. If you’re feeling a little extra, you can even place them in a cute chevron design. Adorbs! (via Cosmopolitan)
4. Flower Crown: Depending on the occasion, you can totally get away with hiding your bangs with a flower crown. Whether it’s your wedding, a spring event, or a photoshoot, it’s a seriously beautiful way to keep mid-length bangs out of your face. (via Etsy)
5. Mini French Twist: There will be absolutely no pesky hairs flying around in your face after you style up a tight, mini French twist like this. You can even incorporate some little flowers or baby’s breath to make this look a bit more polished and elegant. (via Elle)
9. Head Scarf: This style is a two-for-one, not only can you tuck away your bangs, but you can add a splash of color to your #ootd. Pair with tousled waves and secure with bobby pins. You’re ready to go! (via Hair Niche)
11. Mix Up Your Part: Tired of pulling and pinning bangs back? Change it up with an angular part and straight locks. Starting from the front and center, simply part to an extreme angle and blow dry towards the back of your head. (via Zimbio)
15. Blow Dry the Perfect Side-Sweep: With this technique, you can pull off a loose and casual style each day you wash. All you’ll need is a round brush, a blast of heat and a touch of hair spray. (via Moda Mob)
17. Geo Accessories: When you’re growing out your bangs, bobby pins are both your best friend and worst enemy. Spice up the routine by tricking out your pins and using them to create fun geometric shapes. (via Brit + Co.)
Have more ideas to get away with growing them out? Share your hair hacks in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)