Say Cheese! 16 Creative Ideas for Wedding Day Portraits
You’ll take a lot of pictures on your wedding day, but we know you want more than just ceremony shots and staged family portraits to commemorate the big event. Whether it’s right before or after the ceremony, make sure you grab your partner and take some photos before your smiles become frozen to your face. Check out these 16 ideas for some informal shots that the two of you will treasure forever.
1. Get Cheesy: Bet you’d never think of taking a portrait inside a cheesy tourist shop. But if that is where you met or shared a special memory, make it a part of your big day. (via Heather Waraksa)
2. First Look: One of the portraits that always makes us tear up is the “first look” pose. If you’re taking portraits before the ceremony, schedule a private moment for just the two of you to see each other all dressed up for the first time. (via Andria Lindquist)
4. Urban Jungle: If you’ve got a cityscape, use it. A portrait set against the city backdrop will always look stunning… especially if you’ve got the wind (or a fan) helping you out. (via Bayly & Moore)
9. The Elopement: It’s all about what feels right for you as a couple, so if you want to get married in a greenhouse, that’s awesome. It’s actually pretty brilliant, because then you don’t have to pay for any of the flowers. (via Our Love is Loud)
10. Candid Moments: Yes, the posed photos will be gorgeous, but sometimes the candid shots will be among your favorites. Or you can include your furry friends at the wedding itself. (via Pat Furey Photography)
What is your favorite portrait pose from your wedding? Share your experiences in the comments below!