8 Dresses to Wear to Every Type of Wedding This Season
Say it with us now: (Oprah voice) It’s WEDDING SEASONNNN!!! And while everyone likes to celebrate a good love story — and get down on the dance floor — finding something appropriate to wear to a friend’s big day can turn into a real stress inducer. Bottom line: It all depends on the type of nuptials you’re attending. Are they in an ultra-fancy ballroom? Outside on the beach? Whatever the vibe, we’ve shopped out eight options that’ll snag you the title of Best Dressed Guest.
1. As long as you’re formally dressed, fun color and pattern are still totally acceptable — so stick to floor-length (or tea-length) options. Chances are you’re headed to a grand, ballroom-type venue, so channel your inner Old Hollywood starlet in a sleek (but not over-the-top) gown like this Likely Driggs Strapless Gown ($378).
2. Not quite as dressed-up as black tie, you can get away with a timeless above-the-knee option, like this J.Crew One-Shoulder Dress in Eyelet ($158). Playful and elegant at the same time, the one-shoulder ruffle also hits two spring trends at once. Score!
3. Have fun with this one! Embrace your tropical surroundings — and that island attitude — in a palm print beauty like this ASOS Tropical Pephem Jacquard Pencil Midi Dress ($113). *Books flight*
4. For low-key, backyard vows, go understated but still festive in the Endless Rose Dress With Tiered Sleeve ($104). Bonus points for the of-the-moment pink hue.
5. For a SATC-esque City Hall wedding, a retro, silky dress like this & Other Stories Glossy Dots Dress ($115) totally fits the bill. Classic and toned down, this frock is just right whether you’re going to a post-nuptials brunch at the diner or back to the office.
Seaside Yacht Club
6. Waterfront vows just call for nautical stripes. The Milly Adeline Diagonal Stripe Strapless Sheath Dress ($450) is a fun but wearable take on the staple print.
7. Let your inner country girl out in this Reformation Odessa Dress ($248). Light and airy (many barns don’t have AC), you’ll strike that just-right balance between romantic and rustic.
8. Pick up on the soft, feminine vibe of your floral surroundings with this French Connection Agnes Floral Applique Strappy Dress ($328). The loose, easy fit also leaves room for an extra slice of wedding cake. Yes, please.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)