If you’re doing a Whole30 reboot for spring, good for you! Hitting the refresh button now will give you increased energy and stamina for long walks and hikes as the warmer weather kicks in. But let’s get down to the nitty-gritty and talk about what you’ll need to fuel those days: breakfast. The Whole30 food template calls for one or two palm-size portions of protein at every meal, but for anyone accustomed to eating on the go, this can be tricky. Your winning strategy in three words: make-ahead recipes. Here are 13 Whole30-compliant breakfast recipes that will give you all the protein you need to start your day off STRONG.
2. Sausage Pizza Egg Muffins: One of the things you miss when you first go Paleo is pizza, amiright? These muffins deliver all that spicy pizza flavor that you crave — in breakfast form. (via The Paleo Running Momma)
3. Smoked Ham, Kale, and Olives Frittata Cups: Frittata cups come together so quickly and easily using whatever ingredients you happen to have on hand. Pour the batter into a muffin pan, place them in a hot oven, and — BOOM! — breakfast for a week. (via The Healthy Foodie)
4. Low-FODMAP Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata Cups: There’s nothing so tasty as salmon and dill, especially in a frittata. Bonus: They’re not only Whole30 but also made without FODMAP foods, for those on a more restrictive diet. (via Fun Without FODMAPs)
8. Make Ahead Breakfast Egg Muffins: Filled with Italian chicken sausage, tender potatoes, and fresh herbs, these eggs are no ordinary breakfast muffin. The potato gives them extra staying power that keeps you feeling satisfied straight through to lunch. (via Manna & Spice)
9. Bacon Avocado Ranch Egg Muffins: Bacon and avocado are a classic pairing, but the real star of this show is the ranch seasoning. If you’ve been missing that ranch flavor on your restart, click through for a Whole30-compliant recipe that you’ll be reaching for time and again. (via The Pinning Mama)
11. Zucchini and Prosciutto Egg Muffins: Prosciutto is one breakfast meat that generally has zero added sugar, making it totally Whole30 compliant. And it’s delicious with eggs, as one bite of these muffins will prove. (via Downshiftology)
13. Sweet Potato Bacon Egg Muffins: These muffins are hiding a tasty secret — a shredded sweet potato “crust.” It’s one root veggie that totally holds up in the fridge or freezer without getting soggy. (via The Paleo Running Momma)
If you’re always looking for tasty Whole30 recipes, follow us on Pinterest for more.